About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. Global Markets encompasses multiple global business lines: G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Electronic Client Services
8 July 2022
Front office Support
Chennai or Bangalore
Business Line / Function:
FO Support - ECS
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Serve as a primary Subject Matter Expert for BNPP’s electronic products on Forex, Rates, Credit and Commodity Derivatives (including on BNPP’s single dealer platform Cortex) and provide high quality support for our electronic Client base, BNPP teams (e-Sales, traders, trader assistant, IT and other support functions such as Credit, Compliance) and Vendors (e.g. third party platforms).
- Drive successful client integration, manage platform incidents (incl. time critical issues such as off-market trades, timeouts) and effectively coordinate support and resolution while owning client communications.
Context & Responsibilities
As an Electronic Client Solutions Specialist, you will join a passionate team of eFX professionals whose performance is critical to the success of BNPP’s mission of digitization.
- Subject Matter Expert for BNPP’s electronic products including our award winning trading platform (Cortex FX) and provide 1st class support for our electronic client base.
- Primary point of contact between BNPP, Clients and Vendors, managing all new and existing relationships and driving successful integrations with the BNPP’s own product suite (FX, Rates, Credit, Commodity Derivatives )
- Manage platform incidents and effectively coordinate support and resolution while owning client communications.
- Proactively monitor the status of electronic trade flows, and ensure that clients are connected, being priced and able to trade at all times.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams (Sales, Trading, Trading Assistants IT, Credit, Legal) to provide swift resolution of time critical issues (e.g. off-market trades, timeouts)
- Provide client feedback and enhancement requests to Product Management and assist with the introduction of new functionality and products onto e-commerce platforms
- Facilitate prospect and client demos serving as a subject matter expert on product features answering technical questions.
What we are looking for
- Understanding of complex client workflows and trade life cycles to ensure a successful and smooth platform and product ‘Go-Live’
- Ideally, knowledge of the FIX protocol (including STP solutions), troubleshooting complex technical issues and pricing queries.
- Ideally, understanding and experience of electronic trading platforms, liquidity management and pricing architecture.
- Experience automating manual processes using Python and SQL. Experience using LINUX, accessing logs and processing raw data
- Excellent communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments’ stakeholders
- Experience managing and implementing controls and audit processes
- Out-of-the box thinker with a proactive and willingness to learn
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience working with Customers and Vendors in Financial Services or Technology related Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Finance, Business, Technical or similar related field
- Experience in automation, good knowledge of Python and SQL. Experience in using LINUX, accessing logs and processing raw data
- Knowledge of BNPP systems would be a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Client facing experience in the financial or technology industry
- Proficiency in e-trading products and solutions preferably in FX, Rates & Credit business lines
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor; Ability to work under pressure, Self motivated
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Good Project Management Skill
Good Analytical Mindset
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)