About the job
- Within Group BNP Paribas Finance Function, Europe, Middle East &Africa (EMEA) Finance is the department that measures, controls and explains the financial reporting of the Region’s entities, covering a large part of BNP Paribas Business Lines. EMEA Finance is a cross-border organization with teams operating in Paris, Madrid and Lisbon on behalf of the different countries of the Region
- In the EMEA Finance organization, the Subject Matter Streams - Capital Markets Products (SMS-CMP) department ensure an accurate, reliable and comprehensive set of segmented financial data required for the production of all Reporting streams in relation with Capital Markets Business Lines
- BNP Paribas' Global Markets business operates in the Global Interest Rates, Credit, Currency, Equity and Commodity markets. With a broad range of products and advisory services, we help our global franchise of clients find effective financing solutions, and efficient ways to manage their risks and assets. This client base comprises hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, governments and supranational organizations
Your Main Activities Are
- Officer will be in charge of the production (monthly and if needed weekly/daily) and controls of the Liquidity indicators (LCR, NSFR,…) and of all Balance Sheet metrics (Leverage ratio, GSIB indicators, Single Resolution Fund,…) based on Front-Office data
- Point of contact for all Global Markets production & controls related matters (balance sheet and liquidity) for the Global Markets activities
- Report the monthly (weekly/daily) balance sheet and regulatory indicators of GM
- Develop analysis tools to assist all stakeholders in the management of liquidity and balance sheet by GBL
- Answer to any ad-hoc query from Finance, Global Markets ALMT, ALMT Head Office or Regulator (ECB)
- Support during the reconciliation process between front office and accounting data
- Production of the monthly (weekly/daily) business Balance sheet and of all liquidity / regulatory ratios
- Contribution in the monthly closing, ensuring data quality and accuracy for Finance department of the Group and CIB Management
- Documentation of all controls to be performed within Finance Department
- Follow up of the liquidity consumption with the production team of GM Resources Team members within the Front-Office team in Lisbon (daily)
- Implementation of any new regulatory reporting
- Process enhancement for both IT or operational production
- Design and implementation of tactical tools for Liquidity reportings
Profile and Skills to Success
- At least 2/3 years of experience ideally in a finance department (dealing with liquidity topics is a plus)
- Good knowledge of financial statements and/or Global Markets products, Financial and Management Accounting, Banking Accounting, Capital Markets and Financial Products and their accounting treatment
- Good knowledge of accounting principles such as IFRS
- Liquidity reports / CRD IV / Basel 3 is a plus
- MS Office pack Advanced
- Capacity to analyze/synthetize large amounts of data
- English Advanced
- Market, product & business - Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Evidences a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
- Curious and autonomous
- IT sensitivity
- Strong Analytical mindset
- Interpersonal communication and presentation
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.