About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Client Management Operations.
Global Market Client Service Representative
May 14, 2019
ITO Client Management Ops ISPL
Business Line / Function:
CIB – Corporate and Institutional Banking
CLM Ops -
Head of Client Relationship Management ISPL
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Within the CIB ITO Client Management of BNP Paribas CIB, the Client Relationship Management team objective is to provide our clients with a top-of-the-range service and ensure a dedicated follow up of business continuity.
Working closely with the different Capital Markets teams (Sales, Trader, Business Manager, Middle and Back Office, etc) , métier (Global Markets) and products (Equities, Commodities, Credit, FX and Interest Rate derivatives, Cash Equities, etc) , the Client Relationship Management team engages in all levels of management internally and externally in developing operational efficiency to advance the firm-to-firm relationship.
The Client Relationship Management team is a client facing team, responsible for client communication related to regulatory remediation & on-boarding and any post-trade services such as but not limited to Valuation, Event Notification, and Factsheet distribution.
Responsible for day-to-day deliverables
- Ensure the valuation parameterization in systems and daily distribution
- Ensure the fact sheet production, development and distribution
- Ensure notifications production and distribution
Manage client inquiry & compliant
- Ensure all requests, inquiry and complaint (Confirmation, settlement, valuation explanation etc) are answered in a timely & professional manner
- Assist Collateral Management with margin calls and dispute resolution
- Help Clients navigate the Bank and find the relevant parties to address questions and issues.
- Ensure escalation of any incident or potential risk to local management
Ensure Operational efficiency
- Maintain, enhance and develop relevant operational related policies and procedures.
- Propose any improvement ( automate ) that could help to streamline or secure processes
- Coordinate transversal matters to deliver expected services
- Remove operational barriers to grow relationships, internally & externally
Contribute to good quality client data
Comply with BNPP Permanent Control Activities & Framework
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guideline
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
& Behavioral Competencies
- 3 - 5 years in the Financial
Markets preferably in a client-facing managerial role.
- Good knowledge of
financial products especially derivatives.
communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Solid team player
with a track record
of working with different stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Degree in
Finance, Business or Mathematics; post-graduate degree in Business or
ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to work
collaboratively across functions
motivated to uplift client experience
- Work autonomously
and successfully to manage team workload
communication skills (face to face, verbal, and written) with all levels
organizational & interpersonal skills
and rigorous in ensuring quality
- Able to work
under pressure and tight deadlines
analytical and problem solving skills (Project management experience is
effective organization and time management skills
- Able to suggest and
implement innovative solutions to existing and future issues