*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
Business Area Overview:
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets franchise offers a broad range of products and services across markets to our global client base, helping them to find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Clients include Corporates, Insurance Companies, Asset Managers, Pension Funds, Banks and Hedge Funds.
Within Global Markets, the Global Macro team encompasses our leading Rates, FX and Commodities franchise, operating from six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
The Global Markets Structuring team comprises 200+ talented individuals who work with Sales, Trading and Research partners to deliver products and solutions to our Client base.
The Global Macro Structuring and Solutions team in North America is a growing team that develops, promotes, maintains and executes solutions for Clients in the broad areas of investments, risk management and liquidity provision.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, self-motivated, team players with excellent communication and quantitative skills. The role provides opportunities to gain transaction experience, to develop new areas of business and to engage with Clients. Empowerment, Accountability and Collaboration are key attributes that come with the role. A successful team member will demonstrate:
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and the ability to get up to speed quickly on new concepts, procedures, and products
- Strong quantitative skills
- Mathematical proficiency is key for the pricing of exotic options and structured products
- Communication skills
- Oral and written communication skills are highly valued
- Ability to prioritize
- Essential in a fast-paced work environment with evolving priorities and diverse work streams
- Attention to detail
- Accuracy of work is of utmost importance
- Technical skills
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency important. Coding skills (e.g. Python, R, or C++) a strong positive.
- Assisting with pricing and executing live derivative transactions
- Leading on transaction structuring including pricing, backtesting, and approval processes (experience-level dependent)
- Participating in the creation and promotion of new products to solve client needs
- Developing tools and frameworks for risk analysis
- Identifying new opportunities for clients arising from market and regulatory changes
- Developing and executing efficient hedging strategies for structured trades
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
- 2yrs markets-related experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in coding, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent academic track-record