BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
- Act as key enabler in the implementation of the Global Macro strategy
- Contributing to the Global Macro Control Framework and Risk monitoring
- Represent the Global Macro or GBL COO in transversal forums and sponsor (on their behalf) in various projects/programs
- Contributing to in-depth business reviews with a strong focus on assisting decisions for Management, and implement the transformation within the GBL
- Contributing to the GBL sound management practices, maximizing efficiency and ensuring consistency
- Implement key indicators for Global Macro on revenue/costs/risk/systems/operations
The role is primarily focused on the Rates activities of Global Macro but also involves interactions with the broader GBL teams in Trading, Sales, and Structuring as well as all transversal GM teams and Functions.
The Business Manager 5 operates under limited supervision from line management.
Point person for the GBL:
- Fully understands the strategy of the GBL, its implication on the overall operating model of Front Office (and ideally beyond), operationalise it through the GBL.
- Participates to the GBL governance routines and organize support for this optimally
- Coordinates the development and assists in building relevant MIS
- Able to represent, when relevant, Management in internal forums or external bodies
- Capacity to act as delegate of the COO, other COO team members, or GBL Management, in the sponsorship of key projects notably, with autonomy but yet full alignment with them.
Contribute to the GBL global control framework and risk monitoring:
- Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
- Ensure a permanent and consistent risk reporting and monitoring platform within the GBL
- Assist in the definition and enforcement of business procedures, guidelines and policies
- Contribute to the identification of risk areas and the control framework required to mitigate them.
- Guide inspection team within the Business.
- Follow-up on recommendations and work for their timely closing.
- Represent, upon request of the COO, other team members or GBL Management during Control Committees.
- Keep up-to-date Front Office business procedures and assist in the organisation of related training
- Clear communication with Trading, Sales, Structuring and Management across London and the other centres.
- Contributing to the overall optimal functioning of Business Management, participating into internal governance routines, notably to foster efficient interactions with the teams in charge of Region or Transversal units
- As appropriate, coordinate and liaise with key functions to ensure business continuity and to facilitate the business adaptation to the overall operational and regulatory framework
- As appropriate liaise with relevant internal risk functions: Legal, Compliance, RISK, and Operations etc.
Skills & Experience Required
Proven experience in similar role
Technical Competencies - Intermediate:
- Knowledge and understanding of Global Markets, the GBL and products
- BNP Paribas Organization knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Coding skills (VBA, Python)
- Previous experience in Finance / Capital Markets roles
- Strong academic record
- Risk knowledge & awareness
- Financial and performance analysis
Transversal Skills - Intermediate:
- Ability to develop and leverage networks
- Ability to manage a project
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
Behavioural Skills - Intermediate:
- Stakeholder Management
- Communication skills - oral & written
- Attention to detail / Rigor
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas London Branch, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.