Description of the Department
The Account Management team is dedicated to providing a premier level of service to the 3rd Party Asset Manager (3PAM) relationships of BNP Paribas Securities Services. The 3PAM Clients that we deal with are appointed by our contracted Master Custody Clients.
The provision of outsourced solutions to both global and domestic 3PAM’s is one of BNP Paribas Securities Services primary target market segments. 3PAM’s are recognised as being key influencers in the market providing feedback to our current clients with respect to existing service levels, to potential clients as a point of reference and to the industry in general through their responses to industry wide surveys and conferences.
The Account Management team is responsible for all aspects of service delivery and relationship building for our 3PAM Clients. This broadly covers all portfolio cash and securities reporting (including any customised reporting), reporting of failed and settled transactions, overseeing all cash and securities related transaction processing* (and the subsequent settlement of these transactions through our agent bank network) and the key point of contact for enquires (fails, corporate events, income, accounting enquiries etc.).
All non-custody related transactional flow and query management are managed through the Middle-office Services team
Summary of the role
The GC Account Manager has overall responsibility for the management of a suite of 3PAM relationships and the subsequent service delivery to those managers.
The GC Account Manager is responsible to achieve fully referenceable relationships with all of its managers.
The GC Account Manager is the point of contact between the Investment Manager and all internal stakeholders, for Investment Manager’s global custody needs.
The GC Account Manager is also responsible for conducting regular service calls and face-to-face service reviews, managing the overall relationship for BNP Paribas and developing our brand in this segment.
*Global Custody transaction processing is completed by the CCS teams in Chennai, but awareness of transactions is required by the GC Account Manager.
Qualifications & Experience required for the role:
- A minimum 5-10 years commercial experience in financial services
- Recognised as a technical expert in custody operations who demonstrates effective client service.
- Ability to work effectively with other internal teams to improve service and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work cohesively and positively with colleagues and peers at all levels within the organisation
- Communicates freely and openly, upwardly managing expectations and reporting on service delivery and assisting other Operations teams to deliver against their goals, where you can contribute
- Committed to ongoing personal development and being a part of an Account Management team that supports each other and assists each other in information sharing and cross-training.
Technical Skills required for the role:
- Solid knowledge of Operations within domestic & global custody and related operational risk and compliance requirements of the function
- Solid product knowledge in domestic securities, their treatment and the corporate actions that stem from them
- Proficient in MS Powerpoint, Word & Excel
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting, Economics or related discipline preferred
- Securities Institute of Australia or other relevant Post Graduate qualifications (CA/CPA, Masters) welcomed but not essential.