In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE :
Involve in the day-to day fund administration operations performed by the Singapore office for domestic funds/portfolios managed in Asia/European that may cover the afternoon shift.
CUSTOMER/SUPPLIER RELATIONS :
Chennai, Singapore, Frankfurt, KOP, Warsaw, United Kingdom and Hong Kong.
Investment management operations, asset owner operations, and external service providers,
KEY RESULTS AREAS :
• Review daily, weekly and monthly NAV funds/portfolios in accordance with applicable Industry recommended accounting practices, accounting standard or specific constitutional documents.
• Work with fund/portfolio accountants and liaise with different support functions to ensure NAVs are delivered in timely manner to meet the agreed KPIs.
• Provide accurate statistic data (KPIs etc.) on an as-scheduled basis and establish service excellence.
• Ensure NAV calculations are accurately prepared and in line with the BNPP operational and system procedural manual.
• Prepare operational and system procedural manuals to ensure that all operational risks are well under control and adequate for the day to day activities.
• Identifying and documenting “non-standard” process flows for proper documentation
• Report and escalate operational or major incidents including any breach or error occurrences to the Management.
• Participate in regular operational meetings to review any client and new business requirements.
• Working pro-actively with Clients to resolve queries on action points relating to Fund Admin matters
• Able to work closely under tight deadline with client and auditors to meet client specific reporting requirements
• Participating in transition planning and testing to ensure new processes or system functionalities can meet clients’ needs and requirements.
• Involve in any new client take-on and migration activities.
• Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time to time
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills :
• Good accounting knowledge
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Persistence / perseverance
• Good operational/technical skills
• Good analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience :
• University degree/ post graduate degree in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum 3/2 years in experience in Securities Services Fund Accounting or equivalent experiences
Other Value-added Competencies :
Competencies required; 1- essential, 2 – desirable
Adaptability : 1
Results and quality orientation : 1
Communication : 1
Leadership : 2
Customer Focus : 1
Management : 2
Decision Making : 1
Team Work : 1
Innovation & continuous improvement : 1
Technical expertise : 1
Language proficiency (English) : 1