BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
Fund Accounting and Valuation Analysts – grades: Junior to Senior Fund Accountant
For new activity within BNP Paribas Securities Services in Poland, which is an exciting, dynamic and growing operation centre in Warsaw we are looking for candidates who are willing to be a vital part of the expansion in BNP Paribas’ operational scope in Poland.
As a part of the Fund Accounting and Valuation team within Fund Accounting Department your aim will be to produce the Net Asset Valuation for our Belgian clients.
The position will give you the unique opportunity to work on a complete end-to-end fund valuation process.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complete preparation/review of end-to-end funds’ valuations
- Booking portfolio trades, verifying positions and cash versus custody systems
- Cash monitoring, reconciliation, investigation of unrecognized movements
- Booking and reconciliation of fund capital activity
- Corporate Action processing
- Reviewing portfolio pricing and ensuring all variances are investigated and escalated
- Review of share class hedging correctness concerning positions and tolerance, rolling forwards at end of period
- Preparation, maintenance and review of accruals of expenses (fixed and variable), in depth analysis of amounts due and cross-currency payables processing
- Preparing trial balance, review of NAV impacting constituents and data feeds into the master report
- Liaising and working with the Auditors where and when appropriate
- Take part in projects such as clients’ migration and events on funds.
- Involvement in process automation projects, direct influence on effectiveness of your own and team’s work.
- Cooperation with oversight and business partners.
We are looking for you, if you:
- Have a University degree
- Have 1 - 4 years or more of experience working in fund services industry, preferably NAV valuations
- Have good command of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Are fluent in English (command of French would be an advantage)
- Are aware of the clients’ needs and have an ability to deliver an excellent client service
- Have good relationship building skills
- Are self-motivated and able to work effectively on your own and within a team
- Are accurate and have attention to details
- Have eagerness to take part in project that is in development rather than already stabilized
- Unique opportunity among funds area to learn end-to-end valuation process
- Ability to develop fund accounting skills, knowledge and actively support operational model
- Stable employment based on full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work atmosphere with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (football league, photography club, integration, etc.)
- Relevant trainings and development opportunities
- Attractive benefits package (medical care, multisport, co-founding of language courses, and many more)
- Hybrid working model split between Home and Office
- Prestigious work location in Warsaw Spire complex
- Morning working hours, i.e. initially starting at 6am, later at 6.30am and eventually at 7am as a target start time
- Possibility of travel to Belgium for training purposes.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Please attach the below clause to your application:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.