Fund Accounting Department is at the core of the securities services business with its variety of processes that serve our clients in fair valuation of their portfolios be it for the Collective Investment Schemes, Investment Trusts, Pension Funds, Insurance companies, etc. regardless whether for a Fund Manager, an Asset Owner, or in the capacity of a Depositary. The services range from Reconciliation of cash and securities positions, Transaction Processing (be it for regular securities but also for plain vanilla or more complex OTC derivatives), Corporate Actions, other General Ledger processing (e.g. Fees) and finally Valuation that calculate and arrive at a Net Asset Valuation on top with post-NAV (Regulatory/Client) Reporting.
If you have a client-centric mindset, you are willing to learn new things, and fancy working in a dynamic and growing multi-cultural and multi-location environment then it is the right time for you to start your adventure with the Fund Accounting Team.
Fund Accountant in Fund Valuation Team (Junior/Specialist/Senior)
We are interested both in experienced professionals as well as fresh graduates. The level of the position will be adjusted individually basing on candidates’ professional experience.
- Daily end-to-end NAV production and control
- Transaction control
- Control of fund expenses and corporate events
- Reconciliations of cash, securities and derivatives positions
- Valuation of fund assets
- Control of external fund valuations
- Acting as a point of contact for management companies, asset managers and clearing house
- Investigation and resolving of complex process discrepancies
- University degree or student able to work full-time
- General knowledge about accounting principles, financial instruments, capital markets
- Very good spoken and written English
- MS Office knowledge, especially MS Excel and Word
- Strong attention to details & good numeric skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with tight-deadlines
- Team work orientation and collaborative attitude
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a proactive approach
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment
- Previous experience in Fund industry
- Knowledge of accounting or fund accounting principles and rules
- Thorough understanding of various types of investments (equities, bonds, listed and OTC derivatives, corporate events)
- Passion for and ability to perform in depths analyses of accounting discrepancies and to take decisions based on them
- Responsibility and confidence in contact with external parties
- Communicative Italian
- Willingness to take on new challenges and look for enhancements in existing processes
We build our culture based on team spirit, open-mindedness and willingness to learn. If these values are close to your heart, scroll down to see what we offer.
What we offer:
- Stable employment, with full-time job contract
- Six Career Paths to choose from
- Complex onboarding and induction programme
- Trainings, co-financed language courses, professional certifications and post-graduate studies
- Possibility to work from home part-time
- Private medical package
- Life insurance
- Employee Pension Plan
- Sports Card
- Lunch Card
- Cafeteria Platform
- Modern, eco-friendly office located near Metro Daszyńskiego station
- Opportunity to integrate and enhance our good work atmosphere (sports teams, chess club, Toasmasters, MixCity, Pride Poland, CSR)
The position that you are applying for, is an office based-role. During the COVID-19 pandemic ad until further notice, the role will be mostly remote based (from your home, if it is located within maximum 2 hours from Warsaw, Poland) and you will receive equipment necessary to carry out your role.
Once the health crisis ends, we will return to the office, with possibility of working from home for some part of the week.
Thank you in advance for sending your application. We kindly inform you we will contact only chosen candidates.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application: I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data