In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Its primary responsibility is to drive the Index, CA and dividends operating process, instructions & settlements processes to ensure a smooth operation.
- Monitor the announcement on index change/rebalance. Calculate simulation (basket to buy/sell) to track the index.
- Update the index composition in Doris and calculate forward impact.
- Analyze/follow-up the index reshuffles and methodology change, anticipate and search the information, communicate quickly the information to trading and calculate the impact
Corporate actions follow up
- Monitor information on corporate actions with different sources of information: Custodian/ Bloomberg /Reuters/Stock exchange
- Maintain corporate action information in internal systems and its impact in related booking systems accordingly
- Communicate to internal clients (MO, BO, FO, Client Service etc.) regarding the details of corporate actions and provide adjustment methods for derivative products.
- Follow up withholding tax on dividend and corporate event; manage withholding tax related operation.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Projects and Process & control efficiency
- Participate to local and global projects related to process improvements and / or systems migrations
- Support traders for all issues related to the CAI areas and if not provide timely responses to internal clients
2- Risk and Process Control
- Minimizing operational failure, including the risk of fraud and implementing sufficient regular controls
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Compliance as soon as an issue is identified
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Technical Knowledge and Qualifications required
- Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics Finance or Data Science
- Reuters / Bloomberg / Swift
- Strong knowledge on various index methodologies, including but not limited to corporate actions treatment Corporate Actions and its impacts in pricing
- Strong knowledge on various Corporate Actions and its impacts in pricing
- Microsoft and programming skills (VBA, Excel, Access)
- Languages: English; fluent in Mandarin/Cantonese/French is a plus.
Skills and competencies
- Analytical mindset: Aptitude to understand financial pricing is needed as to be able to calculate simulations, forward impact and communicate the results with traders.
- Organized & good resistance to stress: This is a much fast-paced dynamic environment with several tasks to be performed at once; therefore excellent time management, proper prioritization and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
- Attention to detail: Ability to notice any abnormal processes as well as any unusual dividends or prices for instance when monitoring and reconciling the various market data.
- Innovation and initiatives (Think “outside the box”): Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo. Understand well the processes in place and evaluate if needed, alternative options to do things better with a cost - benefits / ROI approach.
- Self-discipline & autonomy: Have a constant “delivery on time” mindset, both on the daily production side (SLA on creations per instruments, on dividends updates or on CA instructions for instance) and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
- Adaptability & Change Management: Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…) as this is a constant changing environment
- Strong Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients, especially FO. Need to be sensitive about the rationale of their requests and be proactive when replying to them. Work as partnership while consistently keeping an independent mindset.
- Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Ops and FO need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to their management to allow proper time resolution.