About the job
Provide support to onshore team XVA RPLM (Risk, Profit&Losses and Methodology) on the daily production of xVAs, xVA sensitivities, xVA P&L and xVA P&L explain.
xVAs are Valuation Adjustments for derivatives reflecting the additional costs for the bank to hold derivative contracts. The main xVAs are:
- CVA: adjustment for Counterparty Risk
- FVA: adjustment for Funding cost
- ColVa: adjustment for “non-perfect” Collateral Agreements
Your Main Activities Are
- Daily Production of xVAs, xVA sensitivities, xVA P&L and xVA P&L explain:
- Monitoring and administrating the many processes around CVA/FVA/ColVA calculations and delivery to the trading desk of metrics and risk reports
- Ensure that sensitivities are fed correctly and in a timely manner to internal systems
- Ensure that P&L explain items correctly feed internal systems
- Production of Local xVA end of month reports and participate in meetings
- Contribute to improving the Front Office XVA Trading Platform
- Interact with xVA IT team and xVA research team to suggest improvements
- Industrialisation of all IT processes
- Improve quality of P&L explain
- Set up new risk reports in Excel or Python
- Support ad‐hoc requests
- Develop tactical solutions (batches, python tools...) to help the xVA desk answer ad‐hoc requests. Ad‐hoc requests can be driven by regulatory or methodology changes or by GM management queries
- Looking daily after a mailbox related to enquiries on Global Market discount framework for official PVs
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Finance or similar areas (preferential)
- Good knowledge of programming languages (i.e. Python, VBA, SQL)
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Ability to extract and process large amounts of data
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Proactive and capacity to deliver results with precision and rigor
- Team spirit as well as ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of valuation of financial products, Risk analysis, Transversal Financial Markets and Business Analytics
About the Team
- BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments, and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 3500 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore, and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia-Pacific.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : Audit, Conformité, Risques et Juridique
Le paysage réglementaire de notre secteur évolue rapidement et nous nous devons d’être irréprochables ! Pour exercer un métier à fortes responsabilités et prendre part à des décisions stratégiques pour le bon fonctionnement de BNP Paribas, découvrez les opportunités offertes dans les métiers de l’audit, de la conformité, des risques et du juridique.En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.