BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 June 2022, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.75 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.36 trillion in assets under administration and 9,199 funds administered.
The Fund Accounting Department has responsibility for a number of different functions inclusive of daily Net Asset Value (NAV) production, periodic oversight controls and production of statutory financial statements. The Department provides such functions for a range of fund types including Investment Trust, UK Open Ended Investment Companies, a Property Authorised Investment Fund, Unit Trusts, UK administered Luxembourg SICAVs and life & pension funds.
The Financial Reporting team is responsible for the preparation of the interim and year-end financial statements, managing the end to end financial reporting process from planning to signing and also the audit at year end. The team are also responsible for the preparation of monthly board papers (management accounts), other reporting tasks including administration of the Property funds general ledger, actual distribution rates for the UK funds, closed funds and periodic IFRS10 reporting.
• Primary focus is to prepare year end and half year financial accounts (including tax provisions). Liaison with auditors and other operational departments. This could be across a number of products.
• Preparation of monthly board papers (management accounts) for Investment Trust clients.
• The scope of the role also include preparation and reporting for a range of activities including but not limited to IFRS10, Distributions, Closed balance sheets, balance sheets, AIC reporting, ONS and HMRC returns.
• Ensure understanding and compliance with client Service Level Agreements and internal delivery deadlines.
• To meet client KPI’s and service delivery commitments
• Preparation of year end and half year financial accounts (including tax provisions). Liaison with auditors and other operational departments.
• Preparation of monthly board papers (management accounts).
• Preparation of IFRS10 reporting, actual distribution rates and closed funds balance sheets.
• Preparation of net asset values reported to Association of Investment Companies (AIC) and Stock Exchange.
• Preparation of returns to HM Revenue & Customs and Office for National Statistics (e.g. quarterly VAT, National Statistics returns).
• Processing of receipts and payments and maintenance of accounting records.
• Timely completion of internal team management information
• Working closely with Fund Accounting and Middle Office teams in ensuring integrity of fund data and managing responses to Clients, Auditors, Trustees, Custodians and other departments within BNP Paribas Securities Services for those funds / trusts assigned responsibility for.
Risk and Control
• Adhere to procedures and controls in performing allocated tasks
• Assist in documenting procedures and controls for new and existing processes
• Timely escalation of any issues to Senior Accountant and Assistant Manager
• Ensure corrective and preventative action is taken, and evidence retained, where deadlines / quality standards are at risk
• Fund Accounting knowledge
• Experience working in the Financial Services Sector
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Solid numerical and analytical skills
• Time management and planning skills
• Being responsible, reliable and accountable
• Attention to detail
• Accounting experience and/or Accounting qualification
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.