BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within BNP Paribas’ CIB, Global Markets (GM) offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, Equities & commodities markets. GM helps clients in finding effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage exposure to risk. The client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations. GM has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. GM’s global network encompasses more than 3000 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based in Lisbon, Equity Derivatives (EQD) Execution staff is in charge of:
Processing Clients’ Reverse Inquiry Flow
Picking up Client requests
Pricing (or liaising with Structuring to price) requested products
Interacting/Negotiating with Clients to close transactions
Interacting with Clients to finalize their on-boarding
Preparing and communicating to Clients, marketing documents/pitches/emails as requested by the content sales
Making sure we are OK to trade prior to do so (Compliance / Credit / etc..)
Finalizing booking of Traded deals in the Sales upstream system
Interacting with our internal MO to BO chain, regarding any traded deal
Interacting with Clients and Client Services, regarding any traded deal
Digitalization / Transformation
Continuously escalading feedback and improvement ideas to increase streamlining of the workflow
Improving conversion ratio of high touch flow into Lite flow (through either Click&Trade or MailParser)
· Some team members are responsible for the pricing of complex products in BNP’s advanced proprietary pricer ORCA
· Some team members are responsible for the production of investment ideas and themes
· Degree holder or equivalent with minimum of 1 years relevant experience in EQD
· Strong Understanding of Financial products and Equity Derivatives
· Operational BAU: Availability to intervene whenever needed to resolve Operational issues
· Contain Operational Risk: Through enforcing guidelines and nurturing a doubt/risk aware mind set
· Behaviour and mind set to reflect the core values of the team: A passion for excellence, promote collaboration, commitment for trust, courage, entrepreneurial spirit, communication and exemplarity
· Pricing understanding
· Ability to work independently
· Solid knowledge of MS Office suite; knowledge of VBA, Alteryx and Bloomberg are a plus
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluency in English (French, Italian, German, would be a plus)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.