About the job
- Within Finance & Strategy function, Finance Implementation Projects – FIP teams : Lead the end-to-end implementation of business and regulatory projects by responding to Business Line and Finance requirements; Contribute to transformation initiatives according to the Finance strategy; Implement and maintain a harmonized Finance operating model across BNPP Group; Contribute to migration projects relying on the regional set up in Europe, Asia, and Americas; Collaborate with a FIP community worldwide, ensuring a consistent approach of the Finance projects across the geographies
Your Main Activities Are
- Analyze the requirements from Business Line or Finance depending on the nature of the project
- Organize and manage meetings/workshops with stakeholders within Finance project team, Business Lines, IT, Finance end users to design the functional solution of the project respecting methodology and standards
- Document the functional specifications of the solution to be set up by other teams such as operating systems IT, Finance IT
- Define and parametrize accounting and reporting rules, according to the standards in terms of norms and systems
- Define the testing strategy to ensure the quality of the implementation of the project
- Carry out all accounting and reporting tests of the project
- Ensure an aftercare support for Finance end users after delivery of the solution
- Support project managers in implementing project outcomes and follow up outcomes with stakeholders
- Participate to project committees by sharing actions/decisions status
- Facilitate the knowledge sharing within the team
Profile and Skills to Success
- Business School or Master’s degree or Engineering school degree completed
- Great communication skills in English
- Understanding of Accounting and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of financial instruments and Capital Markets activities
- Knowledge of financial Information Systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Proficiency in Inquiry Tools (Business Objects)
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Analytical Ability
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.