In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
The primary responsibility is AP, ledger booking and accounting controls.
Secondly, be assistant to LRR report and tax declaration and reports.
• Ledger booking - including fixed assets, AP, accounting adjustment, cost ledger booking, tax booking, transfer pricing booking etc. Ensure accuracy and completeness of the booking.
• AP responsibilities – including monthly payment and staff reimbursement documents check, make sure they are in accordance with finance policy and group policy. Ensure that expenses are booked in the accurate ledger at the accurate amount in the correct period and cost center.
• Head office performance management cost and revenue report preparation. Act as main contact point for the entity Management regarding all Finance-related topics in particular in order to facilitate interactions with the Regional Finance Platform and the analysis of the entity performance.
• Reconciliation between GL vs. bank and upstream systems. First level control of finance owned accounts. Establish and maintain a consistent and auditable environment.
Permanent Control Aspects
For all staff other than managers:
• Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
• Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
• Ensure audit recommendations are resolved within the specific timeline.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• A robust understanding of the Chinese Securities industry;
• Comprehensive tax knowledge on Securities industry;
• In-depth knowledge of financial markets (settlement rules and regulations), financial instruments valuation and accounting standards related to securities activity;
• Good communicator (oral and written) especially of technical issues to non-specialist;
• Good presentation skills;
• Ability to work with all levels of management and across business units and functions;
• Creative problem solving skills, good decision making based on quantitative and qualitative analysis;
• Language skills: Fluent Mandarin & English (oral and written skills);
• PRC National is preferred.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Securities practitioner qualification is a must
• In-depth knowledge of Local Regulatory Reporting requirements for Securities entities and CSRC requirements