Cardif Pinnacle is an insurance subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group in the UK, focusing on the following lines of business: pet, motor warranty and creditor protection insurance. The company is undergoing an exciting stage of growth and is seeking to recruit an Expense Accountant within our busy Finance department.
This role is a key position within Finance department broadly focussing on:
- Reporting monthly/quarterly forecasts and actual expense results to the UK Board and Head Office for the subsidiaries of and including Cardif Pinnacle;
- Improved cross departmental engagement; and
- Expense analysis.
This role works closely with the Finance Director and also supports the Senior Finance Manager on monthly, quarterly and annual objectives.
- Providing analysis and commentary to the Finance Director and senior management budget holders on overheads on a monthly basis.
- Performing monthly recharges for intra-group companies
- Producing monthly expense packs and supporting analysis
- Leading the reduction of processing times for monthly and quarterly reporting through utilisation of the GL expense module to migrate from Excel based reporting.
- Design, build and implement expense reports for use by Finance and budget holders
- Working closely with the Sponsor and project lead, providing support and guidance through period of project
- Provide advice in forecasting annual UK budget process (4 years ahead)
- Preparing and submitting reports to France ensuring Head Office Finance teams understand deviations from budgets.
- Performing detailed and accurate quarterly forecasting and analysis of expenses;
- Preparation of month end close for accruals, prepayments and provisions
- Ensure all relevant procedures are reviewed within a 12 month cycle.
- Circulate final expense budgets to all budget holders once finalised as part of the HO budget process.
Skills and Experience
- Excel to an intermediate level.
- Previous extensive experience required in management accounting and control, expense analysis and forecasting.
- Excellent communication, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Good problem solving skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Excel to an advanced level.
Salary / Benefits
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits
- 10% Non-contributory Pension Scheme + 2.5% matched by company
- Flexible working
- 24 days holiday per annum
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- 4 x death in service benefit
- Birthday day off
- Private medical cover
- Award winning range of flexible benefits including RAC membership, retail discounts, will writing, childcare vouchers, Art Pass
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- A Financial Degree and a professional qualification
Primary Location: GB-ENG-HertfordshireJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROLEducation Level: Not indicatedExperience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time