At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Perform full SDLC life cycle work, including analysis, design, development, enhancement, testing, maintenance and technical support using agile (Kanban/Scrum) practices within EDS EDW DevOps
- Implement complex ETL/Data Warehouse projects.
- Data mapping, ETL development and, testing, and database design (for operational systems, data warehouses and data marts).
- Data profiling, data analysis and providing business systems analysis.
- Acts as the primary liaison between IT and business groups during analysis, requirements definition and design activities for enhancements and production tickets
- Solves business-related problems using data-driven techniques. Looks for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that provide strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions
- Collaborates with business stakeholders, conducts JAD sessions and translates high-level business requirements/user stories to technical requirements, functional specifications documents
- Works closely with the business on the front door process and creates Jira tickets for production issues in an agile framework
- Works closely with Product Owners and Platform managers on prioritizing the production issues
- Communicates with internal IT groups on upstream and downstream impacts related to the production issues
- Provide support on data projects related to one or more of the following: data quality/data governance assessments, data strategy and roadmaps, integration scoping (requirements, design and mapping), and data warehouse architecture, design and implementation.
- Perform information management assessments (review of needs, data quality, data security, etc.) and accurately estimate the implementation effort.
- Knowledge of tools and technologies - Informatica, Toad, SQL, PL/SQL, SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of Informatica Designer Components -Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Apply knowledge of analytical and logical conceptual level programming skills, data analysis, data mapping, data loading, and data validation.
- Understand reusability, parameterization, workflow design, etc.
- Support other system analysts, ETL developers and testers providing. technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative delivery solutions
- Performance tuning and end-to-end lifecycle experience with Enterprise wide data warehouse
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques: User stories, backlog grooming, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing & Agile games.
- May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing and user acceptance testing
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
- Minimum 5-8 years of overall IT experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Informatica, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- End to End development experience for enterprise data warehouse.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases – Oracle or Sybase
- Should have experience with flat files and non-relational database structures.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
- Experience with data modelling tool – Erwin
- Understand Logical and Physical data modeling best practices and techniques
- Experience SDLC methodologies - Agile or Waterfall
- Should be familiar with Scrum or Kanban methodology
- On call support on rotational basis
Nice to Have
- Develop and execute automated tests of moderate complexity and difficulty
- Supports POCs, installation, configuration, and maintenance of shared Testing tools and frameworks
- With minimal guidance will create test utilities and tool connectors in support of creating/maintaining automation frameworks
- Understands CI/CD processes, DevOps practices and full-stack methods and has the ability to test, debug, and code
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programing Language
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology