BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 3,000 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
This position is located in Chesterbrook PA and we are in a Hyrbid work environment.
The EQD Analyst Trading Assistant’s main
roles & responsibilities
fall into two main categories:
Risk/Position Monitoring and Trade Execution
- Develop an understanding of how to monitor trading positions and risks for accuracy throughout the day.
- Coordinate and develop understanding of market lifecycle events to ensure deals are properly reflected in Risk.
- Contribute and develop understanding daily P&L estimates, produce risk explain, and investigate discrepancies with Official P&L produced by Middle Office.
- Develop an understanding of trading risks associated and products covered with designated trading desk coverage.
- Analytical and Operational Support to EQD Flow Trading Desks
- Develop understanding of trade booking and validation of trades in Front Office booking systems as soon as deals are executed, so that Bank’s risk/position is updated real-time and applicable regulatory obligations (Dodd Franck, EMIR, FINRA, etc) are met.
- Follow-up with relevant departments to ensure all aspects related to post-trade processing, (incl. trade confirmations, Risk/P&L, clearing and settlements) are successfully handled vis-à-vis of the clients.
- Resolve all internal queries from the Trading desk or various Partner Functions (IT, Middle & Back Offices, Legal, Risk…) on client transactions executed by Desk.
- Develop understanding of Post Trade Processes (Corp Actions, fixings, and Option Expiries) to be able to fully support each request.
- Request the creation of new financial instruments and new counterparties in BNPP Systems to the Operations Static Data teams.
- Improve GM framework: report issues/bugs and propose IT enhancements to make the platform more scalable and resilient.
- Maintain proper documentation of the EQD flow trading desks Front Office operational processes.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign education equivalent in Finance, Economics, or Mathematics.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Front or Middle Office Trade Support role within Global Markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge in EQD flow trading desk/GM Markets and its industry infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of trade booking, validation, market lifecycle events, settlement and confirmation process for Equity Derivative transaction products (OTC Options, Listed Options, TRS, Equity Swaps, and custom baskets).
- Working understanding of the applicable regulations (EMIR, Dodd Frank, FINRA, FATCA…).
- Demonstrated expertise using Excel and VBA to simplify and automate manual Front Office processes.
- Knowledge of system architecture (front to back workflow, pricers and risk management systems) for EQD products.
- Demonstrated commercial and collaborative attitude.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), including in client communication.
- Analytical mindset and problem solving.
- Very strong multi-tasking capability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
FINRA Registrations Required
Series 7 and 63 – we will help you obtain
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.