About the job
- The OTC Back-Office is in charge of all OTC products booked under different entities for GECD Paris departments.
- The Back Office provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation.
- Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and Financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies, central banks and supranational entities).
- The Production teams handle all transactions initiated by our trading desks in Paris, London, Hong-Kong, Tokyo and New York, by ensuring that all trades feeding the Back Office systems are confirmed, matched, announced to our treasury and settled in due time.
- The OTC Settlements team handles equity derivatives products. Your role would include the following functions: client service via phone and email, pre-confirmation of settlements, pre-settlement investigations in case of discrepancy with clients, payment release, maintenance of client & business reference data, post settlement investigation and ad-hoc break/issue resolution.
Your Main Activities Are
Ensuring that all payments are settled correctly and in a timely manner
Investigating in case of discrepancies with client’s amounts
Resolving any outstanding breaks in the Nostro accounts
Establishing an excellent relationship with both internal and external clients
Participating in process improvement initiatives
Ensuring that any issues are escalated to the team leader within an appropriate time frame
Profile and Skills to Success
Qualification in Finance is expected and a first experience on the financial markets as back officer would be a plus (1-3 Years)
Additionally to your financial technical skills, your personality, your dynamism, your motivation and your capacity to work in transparency will be appreciated
Your organisation, thoroughness, team spirit and a good customer relationship will be key to success in your role
You will need to master the packoffice applications (Word/Excel especially)
Be perfectly fluent in English and have a good knowledge of French (as there are some client who are only speaking in French.)
Associated Person position - background checks required
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.