In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
One of the fast growing business lines in Asia Pacific is Prime Solutions and Financing.
The Prime Solutions & Financing (PS&F) Technology department is responsible for the delivery of innovative technology solutions for:
- Prime Finance
- Electronic Equities
- Listed Derivatives
Specifically, the Electronic Equities business provides clients with Cash Equities execution on 100+ markets in 30+ countries worldwide. We provide the full spectrum of execution capabilities from Direct Market Access, Smart Order Routing, and Algorithmic Execution. Technology is a key factor in the success of this business, with a focus on a small number of technologies and platforms, each dedicated and optimised for a particular function to achieve the best results.
We are seeking experienced developers to continuously evolve our Algorithmic Execution platform. The candidates will work closely with traders and quants to build, enhance and support our execution algorithms. They will contribute across global initiatives but with a particular focus on APAC markets.
• 7+ years coding with C++ in a professional Linux environment.
• 3+ years developing algorithm strategies.
• 3+ years Bash/Perl/Python scripting desirable.
• Experience engineering low latency solutions desirable.
• A track record of excellent communication skills working with business partners and other developers.
• Experience of working in a robust technology environment with a clear appreciation of software development best practices and change control procedures.
• Understanding of market microstructure in Equity markets is preferred but not essential.
• Relevant education such as a BSc / MSc / PhD in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, Finance, Maths, Physics, Econometrics, Engineering, or the equivalent work experience or qualifications