At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Expand and maintain presence in our core vertical markets. Represent products to the equipment dealers/resellers and end users in our core segments. Work independently of the National Accounts Manager's (NAM) to develop relationships with dealers/resellers to be managed with minimal support. Provide support to National Account Managers to facilitate growth opportunities in new business production and margin. Assist in the pursuit of ongoing opportunities to hone sales and marketing skills in the vendor-leasing arena. Complement the overall management of the accounts and overall territory. Assist with the validation of compliance items in connection with incoming credit apps.
Essential Job Functions
- Make outbound calls to assigned dealers/resellers to pull in new credit applications.
- Assist with any transactions as directed by the National Account Manager.
- Take inbound calls from dealers/resellers to assist with questions and new credit applications.
- Obtain required information and financial disclosure on all credit applications including answers to Credit’s follow up questions.
- Act as liaison between EFD Credit and dealer/reseller to assist with negotiating acceptable transactions structures.
- Assist with clearing any pre and post credit required compliance items.
- Following credit approval, create documentation requests on front end system.
- Assist dealer/reseller and end user customers with reviewing and executing transaction documentation.
Other Job Duties
- Assist dealer/reseller with pricing and quoting.
- Answer dealer/reseller questions on EFD’s external app entry and pricing portal.
- Act as back up for National Account Managers when they are not available.
- Monitor dealer/reseller feedback and report to National Account Manager and Program Managers to identify opportunities for service level improvement and increased financing penetration.
- Occasionally participate in trade shows.
- Cultivate strong relationships with manufacturer sales staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience as Sales Associate in equipment sales or leasing.
- Bachelor's Degree Business (BA/BS)
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.