Keywords: Capital Markets, FX, FI, EQD, Structured Products, Rates, Credits, e-Commerce, Data Analytics, Client Support
About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Porto and Lisbon) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning…). We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity, which presents many short and long-term opportunities
Your Main Activities Are
- Client Enablement
- Responsible for managing and implementing all Client/User Enablement requests to BNP Paribas electronic trading platforms including our Single dealer Platform (Cortex Suites, Smart Derivatives), Multi Dealer platforms such as Bloomberg, Tradeweb, FXall, 360t and FIX API Connections
- Relationship with other departments - Sales, Trading and IT Support Teams to manage the configuration of Pricing and Client margin across various platforms
- Business Support
- Resolve issues across all BNP Paribas electronic products and services, ensuring a quick and effective resolution
- Ensure clients are connected, being priced and able to trade at all times
- Monitor the status of all systems and electronic trade flows
- Using data-mining analysis tools to identify issues
- Provide business support to Trading & Sales
- Working closely with IT, Credit Risk, Legal, Compliance, among others
- Pricing Configuration
- Manage all pricing and tier changes for Sales and Trading in the respective gateways
- Manage price controls and limits across all products, ensuring all changes are properly controlled and approved prior to implementation
- eBusiness Optimisation
- Client Engagement Activities: monitor new client activity as well as dormant clients and users, follow up on credit and limit issues
- Conduct client feedback surveys to ensure ECS is meeting customer expectations, improving service levels and product development as needed.
- Record all Client Engagement activities in our ecommerce CRM tool to ensure accurate and meaningful MIS around Client Engagement
- Constantly review manual process and suggest new operating models to improve efficiency
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Economics or similar areas
- An overall understanding and interest in the financial world
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills and client focus
- Strong team work while being able to work autonomously
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and organisational skills
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Python and other IT coding Skills – (Intermediate)
About the Team
- Electronic Client Solutions (ECS) is a global team within the COO group, with teams based in London, Lisbon, New York and Singapore, ECS represents the backbone of BNP Paribas’s Electronic trading offering
- Its core function is to provide a single point of contact for Client queries for all our Electronic products and services. ECS supports Clients, Trading venues and external counterparties, is responsible for Client enablement, Client Support and vendor relationships across all our Ecommerce platforms
- ECS supports BNP PARIBAS clients on Single dealer and Multi dealer platforms in conjunction with Sales and Trading. Its responsibilities fall into three main business/product lines organised respectively into three sub-teams
- FX Cash / Options / Algos / Commodities
- Fixed Income – Rates / Credit / Structured Products / Derivatives
- Structured Products / Derivatives
- ECS are a critical component of Electronic Business & Markets group, providing the highest level of service to our external and internal clients to position BNP Paribas as a leading provider of Electronic Markets solutions
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.