BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence. The Group has one of the largest international banking networks, a presence in over 70 countries and nearly 200 000 employees. The Group has two main business areas: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional banking and is recognized as a market leader in each of these areas.
The Nordic region is strategic for BNP Paribas and one of the regions selected in the Group’s growth plan. BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking has been present in the Nordics since 1985. BNP Paribas CIB has a branch in each of the four countries and we are today around 170 employees. Our customers are large Nordic industrial companies, financial institutions, shipping and energy companies, as well as international groups.
The BNP Paribas Group is also represented in the Nordics by Alfred Berg, Asset Management, Cardif, Arval, BNP Paribas Factor, Express Bank, Exane and Leasing Solutions.
BNP Paribas Norway Branch, Corporate & Institutional Banking is seeking to recruit a Nordic Due Diligence Officer to the Oslo office.
In this position, you will have a key role in the management of the end-to-end KYC process of client onboarding and recertification for the Nordic region in close collaboration with Relationship Managers and Compliance.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manages smooth end-to-end KYC process of client onboarding and recertification, communicating directly with client and in close collaboration with Relationship Managers and Compliance Departments.
- Ensures that the performed KYC process is in line with BNPP Group KYC policy and includes but is not limited to identification of missing documents, performing of all necessary checks (PEPs, sanctions, adverse information) and assessments, identification of Ultimate Beneficial Owners, analysis of the information and general assessment of the client profile.
- Initiates client recertification process at least 90 days before the Next review date.
- Follows up the overall trun-around-time of the onboarding and KYC recertification process by managing and avoiding bottlenecks.
- Maintains close follow up, learns and understands the dynamically changing KYC policies and procedures.
- Maintains client and account information in the respective bank systems, including information about authorized signatories.
- Monitors and controls the quality of KYC related information available in the bank systems and liaises with the relevant internal counterparties, if remediation actions are required.
- Works closely with other territories to respect the cross-border KYC policy and facilitates extensions management
- Prepares different reports with client and account information, when needed.
- Any other tasks within Client Management scope of activities, as assigned by the manager.
- Relevant work experience, preferably with substantial experience with Client Onboarding or Recertification and KYC requirements
- Experience in a fast-paced and fluid business environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office, esp. MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills applied both to external and internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and strong risk awareness
- Time management, planning and organizational skills while remaining flexible
- Proactive with a focus on problem solving; propose and signal improvements and changes
- Team player, flexible, independent, eager to learn
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and work under pressure
Primary Location: NO-3-OsloJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROLEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: At least 2 yearsSchedule: Full-time