In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the Due Diligence Team’s objectives is to be the sole interface for clients going through the KYC due diligence onboarding or recertification process.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business, which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The Due Diligence team is responsible for 3 main activities:
1. Prioritization of on-boarding with additional focus on Tier 1 potential clients.
2. Coordination of the whole process (Risk, Legal, Systems) and production of the KYC (Collection, Confirmation, and most importantly, Analysis).
3. This team is also responsible for recertification, annual review and relevant client management processes.
GQM (Global Quality and Monitoring) is part of CIB Due Diligence within the CIB ITO Client Management organization and operates with a global mandate and super admin access rights in the CIB KYC tool (currently GCARS and tomorrow Fenergo –CIB).
GQM reinforces the KYC policy, operational procedures and guidelines while providing global/regional operational support to worldwide KYC Operations Teams.
In the lifecycle of a client, meaning in the life of the KYC file, the GQM team may be involved in various stages of the KYC process at onboarding, recertification and termination of the KYC/off boarding of the client through various amendments of the KYC file.
The responsibilities will be diverse and varying, depending reliant on work required to be actioned
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide global operational support to KYC Operations Teams performing their KYC while completing amendments under their remit in the frame of the KYC Policy
• Provide operational support to KYC Operations Teams by performing following tasks:
Relationship Manager amend
KYC Operations amend
Recertification Matrix update
Final Risk Score amend
Due Diligence Level amend
Next Review Date amendments
• Generate MI reports independently and apply Quality Assurance (QA) Principle on improving KYC Data Quality in accordance to the global KPIs in Asia Pacific.
• Working collaboratively with KYC Operations Team in Hong Kong and APAC region to identify and coordinate the implementation of process improvement initiatives in addressing quality, efficiency and policy compliant areas.
• Provide support on KYC and due diligence activities, by complying with procedures and practices stipulated by the CIB KYC policy.
• Work collaboratively with other relevant team members and stakeholders to achieve set objectives and resolve any issues during daily tasks.
• Participate in ad-hoc projects and initiatives (e.g.: regulatory / operational/ data quality etc.) as directed by management.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Team player with strong work ethic and eager to learn.
• Ability to maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• University graduate, prior work experience/internship in the financial industry would be an advantage.
• Attention to detail with strong follow-up and good judgment.
• Ability to focus on speed and set the right priorities without compromising accuracy.
• Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision when required.
• Good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluent in English (spoken and written) and preferably Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin).
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong KongJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENTEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Decision Making, Client focused, Communication skills - oral & writtenTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change, Analytical Ability