About the job
The “FX Plus Distribution Data Analyst” will support the business in collecting and producing relevant commercial insights to ultimately drive steady increases of wallet share and client profitability with targeted clients, contributing to develop a sustainable FX revenue stream, leveraging the origination from “Transaction Banking Businesses” across the BNPP Group.
As a Distribution Data Analyst, the successful candidate will be part of the Distribution team, working closely with Sales and Relationship Managers, by providing the necessary information to drive accurate business decisions. This will involve a great deal of data analyses and production of management reports and materials.
Your Main Activities Are
- Working with data analytics and intelligence teams to collect the relevant data
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc analyses measuring the performance of the business and client behaviours
- Promoting automation of Distribution deliverables, acting as the bridge between teams
- Produce marketing collaterals (internal and external FX Payment pitch, RFP building blocks…)
- Supervising client data quality
- Ensure quality and rigour of deliverables
- Support the preparation of strategic internal and client-facing meetings
- Produce monthly KPI reporting
- Leverage Data Intelligence (private and public) to identify / push opportunity alert to sales and feed targeted marketing campaigns
- Seek for process improvements to increase quality or reduce time on the most manual activities
- Be able to identify key messages and to synthesize
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in relevant area
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written in both native and English languages
- An overall understanding and interest in the financial world
- Strong interpersonal skills and a structured, methodical approach
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Results oriented with track record of achieving established targets
- Ability to translate technical into business terms, and vice-versa
- Organizationally sensitive and a team player
- Ability to prioritize by considering possible impact on the business
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment
- VBA and/or Python skills are a plus.
About the Team
The FX Payments activity is a key area of growth for Global Markets. In order to support and accelerate that growth an electronic platform (FX+) has been designed. FX+ is delivering automated FX solutions to support other BNPP business lines such as Cash Management, Trade Finance, Correspondent Banking, who require FX to deliver transactional services to their clients.
- FX+ Payments is a platform that manages the execution of FX within International Payments (i.e. Payment + FX in one transaction).
- FX+ is successfully implemented in ca 40 countries across Europe, MEA, APAC and North America ; it is globally generating a very significant stream of revenues for BNP Paribas
- FX+ aims to strengthen the BNPP FX electronic offer: Enrich the transaction banking offer (pricing flexibility, extend currency coverage …) with a better FX execution (transparency, automation of processes, 24/7 service, ...)
- Within this context, FX+ drives the cross selling with new Business lines (Cash Management, Trade or Supply Chain) and Third parties (Retailers, Payment Service Providers…) through a complete and integrated FX+ Product suite, involving innovative Open Banking API solutions.
The FX+ Platform development and the FX Payments marketing are part of the Global Markets eCommerce & Digital (eC&D) team, which is globally responsible for driving the digital strategy and associated transformation across the Global Markets business lines.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.