RISK Global Markets (“RISK GM”) core mission is to provide a dynamic
analysis of the market, counterparty, valuation and liquidity risks managed by
the Global Markets (“GM”) division of the Corporate & Institutional Bank.
This includes in particular to proactively identify, analyze and review market
and counterparty risk exposures, to contribute to the definition of the risk
measurement framework and to assist all levels of management on risk-taking
Within RISK GM New-York, the Market Risk GBL team is responsible for:
- Quantification of market risk limits
- Detection and anticipation, monitoring,
analysis, and opinion on all market risks from desks managed in NY
(including risk wide measures such as VAR, stress tests and capital):
- Identify hidden risks and potential
threats early, and perform in depth reviews with a view to recommend
actions to mitigate them
- Ensure proper representation of risks
for complex transactions requiring non-standard booking.
- Participate in the definition and assessment of the risk management
framework for new trades/products/activities.
- Develop, compute, analyze and regularly update market and liquidity
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations in the risk area
- Maintain strong understanding of all valuation and risk models
(incl. VaR…), and their impact on capital, valuation and market risk
sensitivities of the GBL’s portfolios. Ensure VaR figures and their
variations are commensurate with the portfolio composition and can be
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers that
will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to comprehensively cover
the Distressed activity, and as such performs the following missions:
- Measure and Monitor risk factors inherent
to the trading of distressed instruments (market risk, legal risk,
idiosyncratic risks as well as all the hurdles stemming from the
restructuring process, among others).
- Development of monitoring tools and
reporting to the Business and Senior Management.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative risk
analysis on distressed debt instruments (pre and post trade execution).
- Involvement in the decision making
process by providing a formal RISK opinion, issuing risk recommendations
and proposing risk mitigation strategies.
- Be pro‐active in day‐to‐day assessment of positions, analyze
large P/L, and provide independent analysis and quantification of existing
and new risks.
- Develop and maintain a continuous and
sound dialogue with the business line as well as other functions.
- Assist in the definition, review and
implementation of limits and ensure they are well monitored and reported
in the bank systems. This includes participating in developing tools for
the Limits framework
Review the impact of new models on the book and analyze the results.
- Have a good understanding of the model
assumption and their economical purpose.
- Tests and analysis of the impact on the
valuation and risks of the books.
- Such changes coincide in general with
system release requiring discussion with Risk‐GM Quantitative team, FO Research Team,
Trading and IT.
- Develop and compute Stress‐test scenarios and analyze the results.
- Contribute to the improvement of stress
testing within Global Market & US local governance perimeters
Market and Parameter Monthly Review “MAP”, Reserves and Prudent Valuation
- Ensure the end of month valuations
reviews “market parameters review, reserves and Prudent Valuations” remain
exhaustive, robust and well documented.
- Ensure that updated and relevant reserves
and Prudent Valuation methodologies are in place.
The successful applicant will also be encouraged and given the
opportunity to expand quickly beyond the primary coverage described above, and
deliver similar work for another trading desk currently under the coverage of
the RISK GM Market Risk GBLs NY team.
Minimum Required Competencies
- Master’s degree in Finance or Economics
- 8 years+ of relevant professional
experience in the field of market risk management, with strong knowledge
on fundamental credit analysis and/or financial modelling skills gained
from prior experience within corporate credit analysis.
- Strong knowledge of restructuring process
and associated trading strategies
- Understanding quantitative risk measures
and related modeling / methodology
- Ability to easily expand onto another
asset class is important; hence, relevant experience in another asset
class (EQD, FX, Rates, etc…) beyond Distressed will be considered
to understand, identify, and communicate key risks associated with a
variety of processes and transaction structures.
verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in credit trading (High Yield
Cash/CDS) & financial service
to work effectively in a team environment.
- Languages: English mandatory.
- Skills: Python/Excel/VBA.
FINRA Registrations Required: N/A
BNP Paribas is
committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion,
and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age,
creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital
status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender
expression, or any other legally protected status