Financial Institutions Coverage (FIC) is a global coverage group specializing in the Financial Institutions sector. FIC aims to build long-term relationships with key clients and gain insight into client strategy and targets to provide original and integrated ideas and solutions.
Within FIC, FIC Credit Team is responsible for completing the credit analysis for financial institutions clients (including due diligence when necessary).
In particular, the Team ensures that credit analysis and recommendations are provided in due time for Banks, Insurance firms, Sovereign, Brokers, other non-banks financial institutions, pensions funds, hedge funds, regulated funds, funds of hedge funds, agency arrangements and asset managers.
The Credit Team performs credit analysis and provide credit recommendations on their respective scope to Credit Committees, Transaction Approval Committees when the credit opinion on a specific counterparty is required, other RISK entities, Business Units or functions in response to general enquiries, Portfolio review committees.
The Credit Team
- Guarantees the quality of credit files and portfolios (notably by complying with regulatory framework e.g. Basel III requirements and including credit policies, rating policies and other Group guidelines),
- Develops local market intelligence by performing desk research (financial statement analysis, monitoring of published research),
- Guarantees the selection and the follow up of counterparties considered Doubtful, under Watch List or sensitive list, evaluates the accurate level of provisioning
- Maintains a network of Business contacts and performs on site due diligence, guarantees that available local market information and views on risk issues are communicated swiftly and effectively.
The Credit Team is a main partner for the Senior Credit Officers in RISK and Business delegation holders for the clients covered by the financial institution credit process and is in permanent interaction with other business lines for uncovered clients.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
The senior analyst role will be responsible for completing credit analysis on complex hedge funds within the Americas to facilitate informed credit decisions.
The role includes:
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BS/BA required (with finance or economic background preferred).
- 8+ years previous experience in banking and/or credit risk experience covering the hedge fund sector.
- Expertise in capital markets products and related legal documentation (ISDA, CSA, GMRA…)
- Self-starter and highly motivated to learn a variety of financial institution industry sectors and capital markets products.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) to firmly and confidently express credit decisions & opinions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines/deliver requests on time
- Ability to work in a team environment: interacting with other credit analysts, relationship managers, front office sales persons, and clients
- Proactive, with the ability to multi-task and influence change
- Strong attention to detail and proven analytical skills
- Adaptability and proactivity, multitasking
- Solid knowledge and understanding of banking and financial markets
- Self-driven and organized
- Rigorous and reliable.
- Understanding of Corporate Banking and Capital Markets products. Capital market transactions include products such as credit and equity derivatives, swaps, bond options, repos, foreign exchange, equity trading, and securities lending. Corporate Banking transactions include products such as syndicated loan participations, letters of credit, structured transactions, and mortgage warehouse facilities.
- Technical skills, Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- MBA, FRM, CFA or CPA designation a plus
FINRA Registrations Required N/A
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required): N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person: N/A
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.