Prime Services technology is seeking global head of Cash Prime Brokerage reporting to the Head of Prime Services Technology. This position requires setting strategy & vision, experience leading large organization as well as driving multiple large initiatives across the prime brokerage organization.
BNPP has an industry-leading Prime Services platform with multi-asset structured financing solutions across the liquidity spectrum, providing stability and consistency as well as customized financing and margin strategies. BNPP has access to capital through BNP Paribas’ strong credit rating and balance sheet. BNPP Equity & Prime services business is going through significant growth with aspiration to be top Prime Broker for Europe and within top 4 globally. The long-term focus of the platform is on supporting activities growth targets set by the management, responding to the fast-pace of client demand for new products and services, and compliance with new regulatory obligations. There are several strategic technology initiatives on the way to accelerate DevOps, Virtualization, and Cloud transformation, as well as adaptation of machine learning and artificial intelligence to deliver client offering.
The role requires planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes managing budget, acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third‐party vendors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The candidate will be tasked to execute critical business initiatives, strategic review of the platform and come up with recommendation and roadmap to support business growth, profitability and product expansion. Further, the candidate will be also responsible to carry out IT simplification & rationalization initiatives and supporting BAU activities.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
- Senior member of the Prime Services Technology leadership, working closely with other pillars in Prime Services and more broadly across markets technology.
- Define & implement strategic vision & goals for Prime Brokerage aligned with business and CIB IT strategy.
- Drive key IT initiatives to build best in class IT Platform, promoting cloud & other digitalization priorities.
- Manage IT Risk, Cyber Security Program & vendor relationship.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables working with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to stakeholder and team members.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones.
- Proactively manage changes in the scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, influence and supervise project team members.
- Build, develop and grow the relationships with senior head of the business.
- Provide reporting to management planning, process improvements, and budget.
- Identify, manage, and control compliance, regulatory and reputational risks.
- Enforce technical architecture standards
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 15+ years of work experience in financial industry with the last 10+ years in hands-on senior leadership role is required.
- Experience with Cash Prime Brokerage & Client Experience
- Mentoring, senior leadership, communication, and project management experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in relevant discipline
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to handle pressure of a fast paced IT environments
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with representatives of a diverse range of departments globally
- Controls and Regulatory understanding and focus
- Ability to defines and implement platform transformation strategies through concrete plan.
- Agile development experience or Cloud Application Design experience preferred
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.