· CIB Americas Operations mission is to be a valued PARTNER to our internal and external clients, providing the highest quality support and levels of customer service
· Operations is charged with TRANSFORMING the operational platform and instilling a culture of continuous improvement
· Operations is committed to the BNP Paribas CODE of CONDUCT and takes pride in the professional and respectful execution of its responsibilities
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
The Operational Relationship Management team is owning the strategic and long-term relationship with key operational stakeholders of the Bank’s priority C100 clients.
The Head of Amer Operational Client Relationship Manager (OCRM) - Director:
- Leads and develops the operational relationship with Global Markets strategic clients.
- Designs and executes the global Operations strategy to ensure we deliver the Operational Excellence expected by each of our Strategic Clients and position BNPP as a key partner to develop their operational initiatives.
- Leads the US team of Operational Client Relationship Managers who cover our Strategic Clients, who are expert level professionals accountable for providing excellence with relevant Operations specialism for the following:
- Owns and manages senior client and internal relationships for clients allocated in this/her portfolio. As senior manager of the team, coverage will include key priority clients as well as senior stakeholders from Global Markets and Operations.
- Actively monitors operational performance for the respective clients, comparing to client targets/expectations.
o Accountable for creating strategy and development plans with the client and BNPP Ops Management to provide optimal services exceeding with client expectations.
o Manages complex client escalations and influences operational activities by applying deep operational process and product knowledge
o Accountable for developing and defining strategies supporting future developments in the industry (technology, processes, and operating model).
Scope: Global Markets Strategic Clients Americas and all processes and services delivered by BNPP CIB Operations.
Core accountabilities of role:
• Develops and executes the Operations strategy for GM Strategic Clients.
• Collaborate with GM global Sales Managers to structure and adapt the services delivered by Operations.
• Leads the US OCRM team.
- Ensure the team organization, staffing and governance is aligned with expectations
- Ensure GM clients are serviced with high professional standards
- Define a risk-based approach to the different risks and issues identified across asset classes, geographies, and clients
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· 10+ years of experience with a professional qualification and extensive knowledge of the practices across the Operations function and their interaction with each other and other functions, combined with deep expertise in in one or more specific areas.
· Experience in Markets Sales or Coverage departments within financial services
· Knowledge of the different operational services provided to our GM Clients, understanding of GM
products and their front to end chains
· Strong commercial acumen and experience of managing budgets
· Strong strategy defining capabilities needs to understand the overall short and long-term challenges
facing the business and anticipate developments to the benefit of BNPP
· An experienced people and business leader with a track record of building and developing teams and
directing their performance (remote and in person)
· Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate, collaborate and influence
at senior management level both internally and externally (C Suite at client level)
· Strong change capabilities and project implementation
· Computer literacy and a good knowledge of a range of standard computer software, e.g., Microsoft Office
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners, and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
· Take responsibility for your team’s conduct and conduct risks.
- Strong awareness of risk management and good judgement for escalation purposes
· Keep abreast of industry best practices and changes, sharing knowledge internally where appropriate to endeavor to update impacted divisions or clients
FINRA Registrations Required:Series 99 (within 120 days)
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required): Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person: Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey is between $173k to $220k annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.