About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions..
About Business line / Function :
Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) – Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) team is part of CIB ITO function. TPRM Shared service center (SSC) based out of ISPL is focused on implementation of standardized and synergized global Target Operating Model (TOM) for Third Party Risk Management across CIB. The Target Operating Model is a consistent framework to meet stringent regulatory requirements leveraging a risk based approach, unified processes and standardized tools.
Director 1 / VP 3: Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Controls / Monitoring / Policies
7 Jul 2022
Bangalore / Mumbai
Business Line / Function:
Nisha Coutinho Sousa
Director / VP3
Number of Direct Reports:
0 (Individual contributor)
Directorship / Registration:
Lead Controls / Monitoring / Processing role in TPRM SSC is a critical role with primary responsibility of,
- Ensuring that all the services globally for CIB with external vendors (purchasing and outsourcing) are complying with critical GCP controls as mentioned in BNP Paribas group policies.
- Ensuring that right set of controls are designed (in line with global Target operating model requirements) for day to day operations of ISPL TPRM SSC and ensure that they are effective in normal course of business
- Monitoring of critical services for upcoming periodic risk reviews. Assessment and management of any ad hoc risk reviews triggered by market events etc.
- Define and maintain important policies and procedures for ISPL TPRM SSC
- Collaborate with TPRM SSC Operations lead to design / assess BAU processes to ensure completion of TPRM controls across all CIB global contracts.
- Carry out annual independent checks / evaluation of controls (Defined in BNP Paribas Group risk policies) around Third Party Risk Management process. Identify and report gaps between results and expected outcome.
- Governance – Prepare & organise committees across Global TPRM community to provide updates on GCP controls adherence
- Develop and deliver content to senior business, Independent Risk, Audit and Regulatory leaders summarizing the results GCP controls check activities
- Oversee and challenge the TPRM BAU process including – plan, identify and assess, control and mitigate, test and validate, monitor and report
- Reporting – Prepare required management / regulatory reporting
- Manage relationships with Group Risk leads, CIB Risk leads, and Audit etc.
- Routine engagement with TPRM leadership team to promote a strong operational controls culture
- Leads project / virtual teams as required on controls related projects
- Monitor and execute periodic risk reviews at regular intervals based on criticality defined in TOM for third party services
- Monitor and execute risk reviews triggered from market events, regulatory changes etc.
- Define and maintain L2 / L3 procedures / policies applicable across CIB for TPRM
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- General Risk management and Controls management awareness
- Familiarity with the banking products and services including front to back process view especially Third party risk management
- Familiarity with Computer applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with banking IT systems
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent ability to work in a multi-cultural, team-oriented environment
- Excellent ability to work independently
- Demonstrate fine attention to details
- Excellent Service quality orientation
- Excellent ability to honor tight deadlines
- Ability to facilitate buy-in of stakeholders
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 15 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent