In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
As manager of the DevOps Transformation team (named InSITE), your role will be to define, manage and pilot the implementation and execution of the governance of the Dev-Sec-Ops transformation.
As such, you will act as a facilitator and coordinator of the adoption of DevSecOps best practices for the entire CIB IT scope.
Your missions will revolve around 3 axes:
- Define the BNPP CIB DevSecOps framework (TOM, Training Plan, etc.)
- Define the Target Operating Model (TOM) to optimize the software delivery chain
- Define DevSecOps best practices with your team and ensure their application
- Develop relevant performance markers to help teams improve
- Ensure the proper adoption of DevSecOps practices defined in the framework
- Encourage teams to adhere to the best uses of DevOps tools via events/communications that you deem appropriate (BBL, Webinars, Kata, Dojo, Newsletter, etc.)
- Converge an application portfolio of nearly 1,500 diverse applications to the DevSecOps framework
- Conduct a regular census of users (assessment, survey) to improve DevSecOps services
- Implement transformation governance with senior management
- Coordinate the implementation of associated governance within BNPP CIB IT Clusters
- Lead a transformation of nearly 1,500 applications towards DevSecOps
- Establish governance for continuous improvement of software delivery processes with the support and participation of related teams (Technical Architecture, Security, Testing, etc.) – DevSecOps at the heart of the value delivery system
- Coordinate emerging SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) transformation projects to enrich the DevSecOps capabilities of the information system and applications
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelors degree in computer science
- Knowledge of the Group and general knowledge of banking professions
- General knowledge of software deployment principles: Continuous Integration, Continuous Deploitation, Canary Release, BlueGreen etc.
- General knowledge of software development principles: Micro-services, SOLID, Test Automation, etc.
- Project management (transverse, cross-entities)
- Team management
- Management of coach profiles
- Knowledge of English is required
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- Practice active listening
- Ability to convince
- Ability to navigate in a dense organization
- Be customer-oriented
- Leadership skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : IT, Tech et Data
Au-delà d’être un groupe financier, BNP Paribas est aussi une entreprise technologique. Les systèmes d’information, la data et les outils sont au cœur de notre ADN et offrent de nombreuses opportunités professionnelles !En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.