BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
RISK Global Services is a stream within RISK which aims at being a single place for issues related to risk data/analysis, models/methodologies, stress-testing, market & counterparty risk systems. Within Global Services, RISK Systems is in charge of providing the bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced method internal models validated by the regulator and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process. Inside RISK Systems, the IT Development department is in charge of delivering and supporting world class software using agile methodology.
The Market Measures tribe has the mission to build, maintain and provide high quality risk measures for analysing & reporting market risk exposures to support & serve Risk Management of the bank’s trading activities through cutting edge methodologies, technologies and strong data framework.
Every day our system ingests deal and market data from the bank and calculates market risk metrics across a variety of scenarios in order to offer an accurate view on the market risk to business desks and risk officers. The system is highly distributed and consists of a collection of components written in Java, Python and C#.
You will be working on an Agile Squad based on Scrum and part of a larger tribe. The tribe is composed of developers, business analyst, quants and credit officers working together with a strong user focus. You will be part of the squad that deals with FRTB P&L Attribution (PLA) test related changes. Your key responsibility will be understand requirements, develop and implement delivery of PLA investigations and remediation across the full chain.
As a developer – mainly focusing on Python - you will :
- Work on business and regulatory projects (primarily Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB))
- Work on business user’s enhancements
- Participate on IT modernisation initiatives
- Contribute to the adoption of new technologies
- Provide IT support to operations teams
· Be part of a growing team that is at the heart of our investment in regulatory and business driven change
· Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Python code
· Rapidly prototyping solutions to quickly prove/disprove new concepts
· Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
· Deal processing and integration into the system
· ETL processing
· Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
· Able to work in agile delivery mode
The candidate is expected to perform the above tasks in collaboration and agreement with the Scrum Masters, Product Owners and other development staff within the Risk Systems squads and where necessary with the Operations and Infrastructure teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Minimum Qualification Requirements
· A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in in Computer Science, Finance or related field
· Data or Risk Management related business analysis experience is preferred
· Proven ability to resolve incidents in a production environment
Technical Skills Required:
· Able to incrementally deliver server side applications to meet dynamic customer requirements
· Proficient in Python, with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and functional programming paradigms
· Familiar with Python application design and architectural patterns
· Demonstrable ability to write clean and readable code
· Experience with SQL and any industry standard relational database.
· Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
· Creating data schemas that represent and support business processes
· Unit testing (test set up and execution)
· Strong analytical skills with a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
· Capacity to work effectively in a team
· Delivery-focused with keen attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
· Professional and precise communication skills
· Familiar with Agile / Scrum
· Able to work with global diverse development teams.
· Experience of market and/or counterparty risk
· Exposure to the practical issues of data loading, validation and management
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas London Branch, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.