Dev. Engineer – multitasker with focus on .NET/C# and VBA development for the Risk & Credits Domain – m/f/x –– Digital
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Did you know it’s an indisputable fact that economies are dependent for their growth and development on the provision of credits? And that these credits are given based on an appropriate risk mitigation? We, banks are lying at the center of this system and BNP Paribas Fortis is a key player on the Belgian market and a driver of economic growth. Would you like to be part of our tribe and become a digital enabler?
The Tribe Risk & Credits is one of the larger tribes within our IT organization which brings value by delivering initiatives supporting the Bank Strategy for Risk & credits, responding adequately to regulatory requirements and insures the maintenance of the Risk & Credits assets, all in an Agile way of working.
Your future job
As dev. engineer, with a focus on .NET and VBA development, you collaborate with the credits and risk squads to deliver each sprint a qualitative output.
You will assist the squad to refine the requirements into sprintable stories and build up your credits, risk and technical knowledge to become an expert.
You ensure, together with the T-shaped squad, the implementation of changes on existing applications, its maintenance and future improvements and the coherence cross applications.
You analyse incidents in production and solve them, following the release management guidelines.
To be able to challenge each other, an interest in several technologies and our architecture will help you to grow in your job as a dev. engineer.
Highlight your strengths
- You have good .NET/C# and VBA development skills
- JAVA knowledge is a nice to have
- Windows Server (2008/2012) – monitoring and reboot servers, regression testing and maintenance activities will be part of your job, experience is a plus but your willingness to learn will make the difference
- You have experience with authoring tools
- Using GitLab for our DevOps activities is easy for you
- You are a multitasker who is able to do analysis activities, deploy releases, take up testing tasks and do some development.
- Because we continuously work on improving ourselves, it would be great if you can help us with the implementation of test automation
- Credit & Risk knowledge and/or IT experience in a bank environment is preferred, but not essential.
- You are able to communicate in English, verbally and in writing. Also the knowledge in Dutch and/or French is a must.
- You are curious and open to continuously learn about IT technologies.
- You are a proactive and dynamic team player who takes ownership and is stress resistant.
- You have an agile mindset and are enthusiastic to become a digital enabler, this can be your entrance ticket to become our partner in the digital transformation success.
Your future workplace
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more?
, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!