Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Do you want to join the lines of defence of Fortis against the cyber risks? Do you want to join a dynamic agile team delivering best-in-class security services?
In close collaboration with the Security Center of Expertise, the Security Tribe’s mission is to :
- Transform security into a strategic value-driver (i.e. enable innovation and enhance customers’ trust in our services)
- Have security integrated in the early design phase of products and services ('secure by design')
- Root security deeply in our corporate DNA
As part of the Agile Impulse organization, the Security Tribe provides best-in-class security capabilities ready to be used by the other tribes; specifically in the areas of Employee Access, Fraud, Key Certificate Management and Partner IAM.
Your future job
Being the member of an Agile construct, the Dev Engineer brings a set of specific skills to the team, that when combined with the competences of the other squad members, allow the delivery of a product at the end of each sprint.
In this context is always keen on bridging towards other areas of expertise to improve the collaboration with other team members.
Focus is always put on completing the team backlog, following the priorities set by the product owner, in function of the added value for the internal or external customer.
The Dev Engineer follows the Scrum values (focus, openness, commitment, respect, courage) and is able to work closely with other team members.
The Dev Engineer is accountable to manage his work and estimate the size and complexity of what is being asked. Refinement meetings with the Dev team are allowing an e2e approach.
As a skilled Dev Engineer, you will join a team of security professionals and work in a squad where you’ll be responsible for :
- Elaboration of detailed technical design
- New development or maintenance of code in the required programming language, tool (e.g. a web content management system, a COBOL code generator, etc), or package (including package parameterization) according to enterprise standards, and considering required quality and performance levels.
- Unit testing
- Estimation of development workload – or validation of the workload estimated by the project or asset manager
- Elaboration of (or contribution to ~) the preparation of the installation in production – including integration and assembly testing
- Support test management in the execution of tests (including bug fixing)
- Quality review of detailed design and code provided by external suppliers
Highlight your strengths
- You have a higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of English is mandatory, fluency in Dutch or French is also required, with the ability to understand the other language.
Essential IT knowledge :
- You know the principles of clean code and apply them effectively.
- You write readable code and do refactoring where necessary.
- You are familiar with test driven development and you have practical experience with it
- You have good notions of architecture (hardware, OS, networking, databases, middleware…)
- You have relevant experience with integrating different technologies and infra components
Technical Skills :
- You have a solid knowledge of Scala 2.11 & Java 1.8 and proven experience with a streaming framework and application(s):
- Kafka streams
- AKKA streams
- Spark streaming
(ideally Flink and Kafka)
- Real-time systems, Big Data platforms, e.g., Hadoop, Kafka, Flume, Hive, HBase, Storm, Flink, Spark Streaming have no secrets to you
- You have a strong experience in designing and setting up big Data architectures and Real-time scoring engines on Big Data architectures
- Experience with SAS technology and is considered a plus
- Agile Mindset – You embrace the SCRUM values (Focus, Commitment, Openness, Respect and Courage).
- You know what Pair Programming means, and you are prepared to apply it actively
- Quick learner and able to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- You actively share your knowledge with your team
- You dare to challenge the requirements you receive based on your expertise
- Continuous learning: you contribute to the constant improvement of the functioning of the team
Your future workplace
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more?
, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!