Job Title: DBA Administrator
Hours: Permanent - Full Time
A bit about us:
At BNP Paribas Personal Finance, we’re part of a global bank and are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment.
We’re here to provide simple and straightforward consumer finance solutions and we work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers finance their purchases in a responsible way.
We care about making a positive impact for our colleagues, customers, partners and the wider community. That’s why we live by our values of we're positive, we’re brave and we own it.
To provide comprehensive support for the build, maintenance, monitoring and improvement of in-house bespoke and third party provided MS SQL Server solutions.
You will be a valuable addition to a small team, who are looking to expand due to business growth.
- Support and maintain the SQL Server 2005 – 2019 estate
- Take a proactive role in projects, providing SQL Server expertise in to the design, architecture and implementation of solutions meeting company/industry standards and best practices.
- Support the planning and implementation of the agreed strategic direction of SQL Server
- Use Redgate SQL Monitor and other tools to proactively monitor the SQL estate
- Identify single points of failure and document recovery plans
- Work with the IT Team to establish robust Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Participate in the annual Disaster Recovery test
Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of relational database design fundamentals
- Knowledge of SQL Server editions, components and capabilities
- Understanding of Continuity Mgmt including backups, Incident Mgmt, Problem Mgmt, Release Mgmt, Change Mgmt, Capacity Mgmt, Availability Mgmt, Service Level Mgmt and Configuration Mgmt
- Knowledge of HA and DR
- Knowledge of SQL Server best practice
- Substantial years’ experience in Production SQL Server installation, support and administration
- Experience with ETL including SSIS packages
- Experience writing and tuning TSQL
- Exposure to Maria DB
Could this be you?
BNP Paribas Personal Finance believe it’s a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most.
What’s in it for you?
As well as working for a Top Employer UK 2022 and being part of a team that changes customers lives, there are some excellent benefits too including - a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy. There are also perks which give you fantastic discounts off eating out, cinema tickets, days out and much more. There are also monthly awards with plenty of opportunities to win vouchers and prizes. Learn more about what it means to be part of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance team here: BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK - YouTube or click here to learn more about careers at BNP Paribas Personal Finance: Careers (bnpparibas-pf.co.uk).
Equal Opportunities Disclaimer
BNP Paribas Personal Finance promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensure that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.