Data Scientist - Quant Research Analyst - W/M
Strengthening the quantitative research capacity and meeting the sustainable ambitions of BNP Paribas Asset Management
#Quant #Data Scientist
Concretely your daily life?
- Act as sparring partners for investment teams, developing a collaborative relationship with experienced portfolio managers while being able to challenge them. You will also need to pitch our capabilities in front of clients and at conferences. In nutshell, developing our savoir faire (expertise) as well as our faire savoir (to inform).
- Contribute towards making BNP Paribas Asset Management ambitions real. You will work with investment teams for which the use of quantitative techniques is still not sufficiently strong and develop the relationship and models with such teams, leading to cutting edge robust investment processes while respecting the investment team’s philosophy.
- Contribute towards BNP Paribas Asset Management factor investing ambitions by researching and enriching our library of factors with new ones, putting strong emphasis on their economic rationale and ensuring that portfolio construction is delivering the targeted factor exposures given various constraints. Factor investing ambitions cover equities, fixed income and other asset classes. You will also take the responsibility for presenting our research to clients and at conferences.
- Contribute towards the design of sustainable and innovative investment solutions. He/she will need to play a key role in measuring ESG criteria and taking them into account in our investment strategies. He/she will help our solutions group answering client needs and increasing our AUM. We also expect them to keep track of industry developments and to propose new and innovative ideas to develop quantitative investment solutions that give the BNP Paribas Asset Management a competitive advantage.
- Work along with our data scientists assisting the Quant Research Group with extracting value from big data. He/she will rely on machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to improve and develop quantitative strategies where required, bringing the quantitative investment expertise required to make such strategies work.
- Work on all the other different quantitative topics listed above as well as topics that may be considered in the future as key for BNP Paribas Asset Management. As such he/she needs to be flexible and capable of addressing new research topics as a function of priorities.
- We offer a challenging role with many responsibilities and visible impact. Your daily work will go from processing big data to analyzing various signals and discussing research insights with your colleagues and PMs. Your frequent interactions with various parties inside and outside our department provide many learning opportunities. You will experience quantitative research and quantitative portfolio management from nearby. You are expected to contribute to our future success by generating innovative ideas and getting things done!
The work environment is important!
BNP Paribas Asset Management is looking to hire data scientists/quantitative analysts to strengthen its Quant Research Group. BNP Paribas Asset Management is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. Managing and advising EUR 537 billion in assets as at 31 December 2021, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. The Quant Research Group was created 15 years ago with the objective of creating a team with a critical size to develop a strong quantitative culture at BNP Paribas Asset Management. The team has about 30 people in Paris, Amsterdam, London and Hong Kong. The Quant Research Group is looking to hire quantitative analysts to help us meet the four quantitative ambitions of BNP Paribas Asset Management:
- The expansion of quantitative research support to all investment teams
- The development of our factor investing strategy
- The contribution to the design of sustainable and innovative solutions for our clients
- The use of signals derived from big data
The position is located in Nanterre.
This position will allow you to join one of the world's largest and most robust financial institutions, and in particular BNP Paribas Asset Management, whose executive committee has strong ambitions in quantitative terms.
What about remuneration?
This is an important subject, which will of course be addressed. We will value your experience and your journey.
Why join BNP Paribas?
Our world is changing: the way we inform ourselves, consume… and work too! Today, what counts in a job is to live real experiences, to learn, to share objectives and results with colleagues. In short, to chart your own path, different, responsible and sustainable. At BNP Paribas, we recruit our employees with the idea that they will help us design the world and the bank of tomorrow.
Do you want to know all the reasons to join us ? Go to :
And you? / Are you our Data Scientist - Quant Research Analyst - W/M?
Holder of an advanced degree in Data Science, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or Engineering.
Having some experience (5 to 15 years) in Finance, with exposure to either equities, fixed income or multi-assets is preferable. Not an obligation though.
You have strong quantitative skills and interest in Machine Learning, Big Data and Finance, particularly Forex, equities and portfolio management.
You are motivated to explain complex concepts and ideas with simple words while adapting to the audience, strong presentation skills, client facing
You have solid knowledge of credit for Financial Markets, ability to set up relevant performance indicators, with strong presentation skills, client facing.
You are fluent in English and have advanced programming skills - Python, and/or any other related language, as R.
Strong analytical mindset, capable of thinking critically, identifying patterns.
Your customer focus combined with your relational ease allows you to create bonds of trust and interact effectively.
We attach particular importance to ensuring that our future employees act on a daily basis with ethical and professional responsibility.
At any time during the recruitment process, the information on your resume and your identification data may be verified by an external service provider appointed by BNP Paribas.