About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients’ wealth, developing it, and eventually passing it on to their loved ones. We deliver tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail and expertise from precise local knowledge to the global know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones. Wealth Management Investment Solution Hub (WMIS Hub) provides a global IT solution for BNP Paribas Wealth Management where we develop, maintain and evolve IT applications which fits to the specific needs of BNP Paribas Wealth Management business users.
Data Science Engineer - Data Solutions Division
WMIS IT HUB
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Under the direct responsibility of the FUNCT&TVL – Data Solutions Division Technical Architect, the Data Science Engineer is responsible to setup and customize RStudio packages and Tableau server on on-premises or cloud environments. It is a highly technical role with primary responsibility to ensure the users have faultless experience in using RStudio products and Tableau products, working closely with our support and engineering teams through a combination of email, phone and support tickets.
As a member of the data solutions team you will have the opportunity to grow and enhance your technical skills on niche technologies around data science and analytics. You will work closely with the best engineers in the Tableau, R and Python communities; you will help users to solve complex problems; and you will help define best practices for using R and Python in production.
As a data science engineer , your key role will be to help application development team in solving their challenges:
- Setup, configure and integrate RStudio packages (Workbench, RConnect, Package Manager) in all environments (On-Premises or on Cloud environments)
- Work along with development team to define the version of the CRAN packages to be installed and take ownership of maintaining the system and integrate with package manager and nexus repository.
- Managing Upgrade activities for Tableau products - Tableau server (Data Management service, Server Management, Tableau Prep builder, Tableau desktop)
- Responsible for ensuring the security requirements adheres to group and WM standards.
- Resolve escalated support tickets, by working directly with users during support calls. Collaborate with data scientists and ML engineers from different teams to empower them to deploy their machine learning solutions to production.
- Help build a knowledge base of support documents, user demos for RStudio and Tableau and define technical architecture working in concurrence with Technical Architect.
- Work with data scientists, ML engineers, business stakeholders and other technology teams to ensure the best practice MLOps is followed. Build and maintain scalable, robust and flexible model training frameworks using containerization technologies as Kubernetes.
- Provide analysis/evaluation of technical solutions recommended by the group to facilitate management decision.
- Automate and manage operational activities (monitoring, alerts etc.)
- Anticipating the growth of user base and accordingly forecast the service enhancement (Licenses, Upgrade, Obsolescence, Infra - Tableau and RStudio)
- Handling sensitive data encryption at rest and in motion and handling data access control based on role based authorization policies.
- To design and build data pipeline using RStudio and Tableau tools (Tableau Prep builder, Tableau Desktop).
- To engage the other technical stakeholders within WM (e.g. Domain Architect, Conformity Cell, Security Team, Application Integration and Production team) in the course of work.
- May involve with development team in building data models and reports/dashboards.
Mandatory Technical Competencies
As Data Science Engineer
About 10+ years of Total IT experience.
At least 5+ years in data engineering and data science projects
Including recent 3+ yrs in RStudio or relevant R technologies and Tableau.
As Data Science Engineer, you have experience in
Hands on experience on Linux OS, Shell or Python scripting.
Hands on experience on R and/or Python programming
Hands on experience on RStudio tools (Workbench, RConnect, Package Manager, Jupyter Notebook etc)
Knowledge and experience on Machine learning models and Framework– GLMs, SVM, NB, Trees, Clustering, Pytorch, TensorFlow, Sklearn.
Knowledge and experience on Authentication mechanisms, e.g. PAM, LDAP, SAML and are comfortable troubleshooting authentication integrations.
Hands on experience in configuring proxy servers and load balancers , e.g. Apache, NGINX, or cloud load balancers
Good to have knowledge and experience on Virtualization , e.g., Docker containerization and Container orchestration , e.g., Kubernetes or Docker swarm
Hands on experience on Tableau tools (Tableau Prep Builder , Tableau desktop , Tableau Server , Data Management service, Server Management)
Good knowledge and experience on CI/CD tools (DevOps) - Bitbucket, GIT, Jenkins , Nexus Serena, AutoSys
Strong experience in OS & Databases - RHEL, Centrify, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQL Server
Strong Experience in Leading & guiding developers in standards process & tools used in design, development, testing & deployment
Has experience working in Agile delivery model with team across local-remote
Functional & Behavioral Competencies
- Client focused/Critical thinker and has ability to synthesize and simplify.
- Ability to anticipate business/strategic evolution
- Ability to collaborate/teamwork
- Must have good organization skills
- On Communication, must have the following traits:
- Good oral & written skills.
- Ability to manage/facilitate a meeting / committee
- A good team player with problem-solving attitude.
- Analytical and precise: Capacity to challenge the solution to propose a more efficient one.
- Multi-tasking: ability to accommodate concurrent projects and is self-motivated.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)