About the job
- In this context, the main objective of a member of the data quality team is to improve the quality of the reports produced at BNP Paribas Group level. A member of this team can be involved in
- Use of the CAR Framework (Controls, Analyses and Remediation)
- Perform several quality and evolution analysis
- Proactively communicate with different teams to find solutions for the data issues
- Produce and develop reports to the Business Lines
- SQL coding to analyse and extract data
- Be one of the key contacts of data quality for the several stakeholders
- Ensure the data quality and integrity according to Radar principles (BCBS 239)
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure the mastering of the Data Quality as defined by the Group, in alignment with regulations, policies, norms and standards
- Ensure Data Quality methodological support and best practices deployment
- Regularly update the management of the department of progress achieved
- Support Data Community members such as Data Domain Managers and Data Quality Analysts
- Support the deployment of new versions of the Data Control Catalog and Group Nomenclatures
- Drive and monitor the action plans to address structural data quality issues raised by the group or reported by different domains
- Collaborate on ad-hoc analysis for the evaluation and improvement of prioritized Data Quality
- Analyze the impact of ongoing or upcoming projects, and assessments on Data Quality
- Participate and contribute with Data Quality reports to the Group and data governance bodies (QARC’s)
- Enforce reference datasets (‘referentials’) alignment contributing to Group reporting
- Being part of the Data Quality team, which will be in charge of improving the quality of the data and processes used, as well as to develop new data issues’ reports supporting regulatory changes
- Being part of a team in charge of providing several type of deliverables such as PowerPoint presentations of ad-hoc requests, Excel reports, QARC presentations, Quarterly Group reports on data quality issues
Profile and Skills to Success
- Professional experience in the banking sector
- Bachelor’s degree in Maths/Finance (desirable)
- Knowledge of prudential and regulatory environments (Basel III, COREP, FINREP) (desirable)
- Knowledge of banking environment and products
- Functional knowledge of financial tools such as SQL, or multi-dimensional database is required
- Requisites interpretation and data manipulation competences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Databases
- Relationship & communication skills
- Strong analytical mind-set, problem solving, planning & organisation skills
- Curious/willing to investigate into database
- Pro-active attitude with ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Strong capacity of teamwork
- Coach to solve problems quickly, encourage, congratulate and recognise employees for their successes
- Demonstrate strong ethics and provides a sense of safety, increasing trust and engagement with a positive mindset
- Create a workplace that encourages everyone to grow, fostering a sense of connection and belonging
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of French is a plus
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.