Cardif Pinnacle is an insurance subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group in the UK, focusing on pet, motor warranty and creditor protection insurance. The company is undergoing an exciting stage of growth and is seeking to recruit a Data Quality Analyst to work within the Data Governance Team (part of the wider Data Warehouse team) to develop DQ solutions and documentation.
Reporting into the Deputy Chief Data Officer, you will capture, document and manage requirements; impact assess and scope change requests; agree and document definitions and descriptions of all key data sets; develop, deliver and document key processes (incl. Reconciliation, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Lineage etc.); update all applicable models and diagrams; update the backlog documentation; and work with the business and Data team to ensure that all deliverables are fully tested and signed off by the business.
- Perform deep-dives of existing SQL Server ETL processes and tables to identify source of DQ issues (both actual and potential) and suggest or develop solutions.
- Design, develop and implement automated reconciliation and alerting routines using SQL Server T-SQL (and/or SSIS), both enterprise-wide, and system-specific.
- Manage work within Agile project management framework to plan, prioritise and review as appropriate.
- Manage data dictionaries and business glossaries within in-house Data Governance tool, with definitions, ranges, lists of values & examples etc., making sure that where applicable definitions are mapped to group and corporate definitions.
- Design a series of Power BI data quality dashboards and set their periodicity, granularity and distribution.
- Collaborate with development and testing functions to ensure DQ is built-in to new developments.
- Design, implement, and maintain a framework for reference data management.
- Define and manage data lineage across various business functions.
- Manage and help identify new business critical (“key”) metrics that have business impact.
- Define and manage business, technical, functional, and enterprise quality metrics.
- Assess requirements’ fitness of purpose and adherence to business objectives and consistency (challenging positively as appropriate).
- Liaise with partners/suppliers to understand the source data and availability to perform gap analyses.
- Collaborate with other developers plus reporting analysts to identify problems and implement solutions.
- Work closely with key insurance business stakeholders to accurately define requirements for all the above, at the lowest level of detail.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation for the key processes (incl. Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Lineage, Reconciliation etc.).
Salary / Benefits
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits
- 10% Non-contributory Pension Scheme + 2.5% matched by company
- Flexible working and Work from Home arrangements
- 24 days holiday per annum
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- 4 x death in service benefit
- Birthday day off
- Private medical cover
- Award winning range of flexible benefits including RAC membership, retail discounts, will writing, childcare vouchers, Art Pass
Required Skills & Experience
- “Excellent” data analysis skills gained through working on large Corporate Projects.
- SQL Server T-SQL programming.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to confidently engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in documenting requirements in a formalised method.
- Experience in the Insurance industry or Financial Sector.
- SQL Server SSIS development experience.
- To have a “Good” understanding of Dimensional Modelling for a Data Warehouse.
- Experience in workshop facilitation.
- Exposure to a projects environment or experience of the project lifecycle.
- To have any experience with a data governance tool such as Collibra.
- To be proactive; a team player and be happy to help out in other areas of the Data team.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-HertfordshireJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: DATAEducation Level: Not indicatedExperience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time