About the job
- The Global Client Analytics (GCA) team is responsible for providing data, insights and analysis to Global Markets front office on client activity. The team aims to build a solid database from various sources and develop analysis, reports and dashboards to provide valuable insight to the Front Office in a rapid, agile manner. The team in Lisbon is comprised of 9 members. The consumers of this data and analysis are over 1000 global Front Office users including Sales, Trading, Research and Senior Management. We are a global team, with presence in Europe, America, and Asia
Your Main Activities Are
- Development, maintenance, and support of data processing and analytical stacks
- Ensure architecture meets business requirements
- Recommend ways to efficiently provide quality data
- Develop data ETL processes in production environment
- Leverage large volumes of data from internal sources
- Help global markets to achieve digital transformationsProof of concept data projects with innovative methods or tools
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master in Computer Science (preferred), Mathematics, Physics, Electronic, Biomedical or similar Engineering Master
- Knowledge with Python programming language (Java/C++/C# will be considered)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Knowledge and interest in financial markets are a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Effective problem solver and consensus builder
- Team work and collaborative mind-set
- Fluency in English is mandatory
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.