About the job
FRESH is an IT framework encompassing Projects & Systems of Finance and RISK functions that brings together a community of 1.600 experts coming from Finance, RISK and IT backgrounds, with a strong focus on efficiency, proximity, agility and time-to-market
It is a new worldwide organizational model that contributes to tackle major challenges of Group’s transformation of today and tomorrow, building the best offer for Finance and RISK community through a progressive rotation towards new technologies and best practices
FRESH is a unique organization within BNP Paribas, part of IT Group yet actively managed through an innovative partnership with Finance and RISK
Risk Dedicated Solutions is in charge of delivering dedicated solutions for RISK reporting streams and supporting RISK missions and transformation
RDS 09 - Risk Reporting & Analytics team aims to provide support services to its users in the creation, maintenance and evolution of BI solutions, enabling RISK teams to produce different dashboards for the Group’s credit & counterparty risk (e.g. risk profile steering, risk measures, etc.)
The systems involved are: SAS Risk, a platform that allows RISK users to produce several analysis and reporting for credit analysts, top management and regulators; DARK (Data Analytics RisK), a platform that allows RISK GF GSA users to go further in their reporting by producing dashboards which are user-friendly, dynamic and configurable; and DERIK RB (DEclic data for RisK efficiency Retail Banking), which provides users with an industrial tool to manage information coming from alerting systems
In Lisbon, the team will be in charge of building a new reporting platform to industrialize the needs expressed by RISK EM team
The objective is to understand the needs expressed by the business team and then to implement a coherent solution, based on the existing group service offers
Your Main Activities Are
RDS data engineer is responsible for designing data schemas, modelling data structures, managing releases, performing data migrations, monitoring databases’ performance, trouble-shooting problems and supporting in all data and data infrastructure related activities:
- Manage the creation and the configuration of a new BI platform
- Design high-performance data pipelines
- Design data models and visualizations to be launched in a production environment
- Provide our users with support on the handling of Dataiku and Tableau solutions, with support on the implementation of best practices
- Automate the end-to-end release of artifacts across environments
- Participate in project code reviews
- Manage non production environment servers
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology and Computer science
- At least 3 years of working experience as a Data Engineer
- Previous banking experience and knowledge of credit risk
- Knowledge SQL
- Knowledge of SAS, Power BI, Tableau, Dataiku, Apache NiFi and JIRA
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal as well as English professional level (read, write, speak)
- Ability to report (simplify complex information in a clearly organized and visually interesting manner, adapting it to the different stakeholders)
- Strong analytical mind, problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Pro-active attitude with ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
- At ease with multi-tasking
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.