MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
As 2nd Line of Defense function and delegated by the Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) Audit Committee, BNP Paribas Wholesale Holdings, Corp. Audit Committee, and management, the Finance Control Group (“FCG”) is responsible for assessing an Internal Control for Financial Reporting (“ICFR”), Internal Control over Compliance (“ICOC”) process (collectively US Regulatory Controls) as well as IT & Data Controls supporting both ICFR and ICOC programs. Main aspects of the program are to:
- Perform risk identification and assessment over financial statements (ICFR) and regulatory reports (ICOC)
- Conduct walkthrough, tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness over in-scope process and controls
- Conduct spot controls on a periodic basis
- Assess and communicate to relevant parties control exceptions and deficiencies identified during the testing
- Collect the relevant data and prepare presentation material to various committees, including management and Board committees
- Coordinate the ICFR/ICOC and IT & Data controls programs between BancWest retail activities and Corporate & Institutional Banking activities.
The role will report to the Data Trace manager, embedded within the Financial Control Group. The Data Trace function is responsible for developing and testing the regulatory Control Framework to secure 2nd level controls for upstream business & operational controls. The position involves reviewing the implementation of any regulatory reporting requirement across all business domains and platforms used for sourcing and processing information in support of the reporting platform in North America. Additionally, the program validates the successful implementation of these requirements by performing substantive testing at the report level (“Data Trace”).
For this position, specific responsibilities will be to assess the organizational reporting risk for upstream internal control of the operations and business line processes used to source, process, and perform financial reporting, either it is in Business and Risk systems,
Key duties / elements of the work include:
- Coordinate with multi-location teams (located in California, Montreal, Mumbai, New Jersey, and New York) to execute and deliver assignments
- Planning and reviewing the testing plan;
- Expand knowledge database of BNPP Corporate, Institutional, and Retail Banking products to enhance centralized product repository & team knowledge
- Reviewing the work performed by other team members;
- Lead meetings with product owners and other stakeholders to ensure reporting risks are sufficiently mitigated by IT & Data controls via test of design and operating effectiveness
- Contribute to deliver assigments to validate the accuracy and suitability of data utilized in key reports by obtaining source documents & performing transaction testing
- Blend testing results from a multitude of assignments and databases to understand organizational risk by product, business line, report, or data element
- Contributing to review and present control results to the respective management and Board committees;
- Leverage tools (Power BI, Tableau) to develop dynamic reports and presentations for senior management and other stakeholders
- Manage issue log database to ensure data and other issues are on target for remediation as agreed with stakeholders.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in audit, financial reporting or equivalent
- Knowledge of the financial industry, related products, and the broad structure of a financial institution
- Background in auditing banking IT processes, performing ITGCs, automated control, Data input and key report testing.
- Regulatory Reporting experience preferred
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - ability to clearly articulate complex issues/requests
Attention to detail and the ability to work with teams around the world
Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines while delivering high quality results
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Power BI, Project)
Preferred qualification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.