About the job
- BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 28 000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global start to your career, a career where you, your ideas and your development matter
- Within CIB, the Transaction Banking (TB) business helps our corporate clients in their daily treasury needs and international trade:
- Cash Management (all products that assist our customers with their liquidity needs, i.e., current accounts, term deposits, payments & collections, forex
- Global Trade Solutions (all products that assist our customers with their global trade needs, i.e., letters of credit, guarantees, supply chain management, factoring)
- As TB COO team (Chief Operating Officer), we are responsible for the design of business monitoring reports (from conception to production delivery, i.e., data visualization) as well as attend to all TB Management data queries. On top on that, we are the contact point between IT and business teams. This means that we assist our business teams by collecting their data requirements and collaborate actively with IT to advance our industrialization strategy
- We are looking for a Junior Business Data Analyst to join the COO team to push forward the automation of our BI reporting and leverage on our data capabilities to extract insights for our business teams
- The position provides an excellent opportunity to discover the corporate banking industry. Integrated within the COO team you work with a lot of different teams within the bank, while always having a focus on data
Your Main Activities Are
- Report to top line TB Management and TB COO on all data queries and data needs
- Meet different stakeholders to frame their data needs, based on your findings collect the necessary data, process the data, and turn it into meaningful tools meeting the requirements expressed by the teams
- Participate and interact with inter-disciplinary teams (IT, Business, Operations) and contribute to the improvement and streamlining of data systems within the company to drive innovation
- Automate business dashboards as prototypes and prepare them to be placed in production, working closely with the team´s data analysts
- Contribute to the development and governance of our data and support the different business lines with data-driven decision-making
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Management, Business Intelligence, Business, Economics, Mathematics or other also relevant
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of advanced data visualization tools, i.e., Tableau, PowerBI
- Ability to quickly comprehend new software tools and learn how to use them optimally
- Interest in the banking sector, previous experience is a plus
- Fluency in English
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.