About the job
- BNP PARIBAS Group Finance, RISK, and Group ALM Treasury, have set-up a shared team in charge of the Group stress testing, the financial planning and the financial synthesis.
- The team named STFS, for Stress Testing and Financial Simulations, has for objective to coordinate the strengthening of BNP Paribas’ Stress-Testing (S/T) and planning capabilities so as to better serve Business Lines, Legal Entities and Group needs and meet supervisory requirement on these matters, and in a cost-efficient manner.
- To that effect, STFS aims at building a flexible, industrialized, central utility accessible by BNP Paribas’ Business Lines and Entities (B/E) for their local needs and their contribution to Group exercises. STFS offers an integrated S/T service to B/Es to support them in capitalizing on the shared framework for their local needs.
- STFS is also responsible for executing all Group-wide, comprehensive stress testing exercises, whether regulatory or internal.
- STFS supports B/E’s S/T initiatives to ensure consistency with group standards while respecting local regulatory and supervisory requests.
Your Main Activities Are
- Team management in an Agile approach
- Supporting team and Manager in daily operational tasks
- Defining the team backlog and fix priorities to achieve the team objectives
- Coordination with other teams
- Maintaining expert level of technical knowledge appropriate to support team and senior management in effective judgment in decision making
- Leading and motivating a team in line with STFS standards
- Ensuring respect of appropriate procedures, standards, security and controls for the development and support
- Documenting key procedures and controls
- Carring out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested
Profile and Skills to Success
- Masters Degree in Scientific or Information Management System Master
- At leat 4 years of relevant experience in Experiences in IT development area and credit functional knowledge
- Fluency in English, both oral and written (mandatory)
- Knowledge in
- Programming tools
- Data Viz, Blending , Analytics
- Database Management
- Data Intelligence, Research and Quant Analytics (it’s a plus)
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
- Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
About the Team
- The STDA team in Lisbon is dedicated to credit and works in a one-team manner with the STDA team based in Paris
- The Lisbon STDA team is opening a team leader position. He will share the responsibilities of the team. The primary focus will be on the development, maintenance and testing of .STDA datamarts in a Big Data environment
- Appetite for the credit data functional content and understanding of stress tests modelling team requirements are a must
- The objective is to set up DataMarts for STFS to be able to stress capital and cost of risk on the credit risk perimeter of the bank. This includes the following processes
- Data ingestion, Data quality, Data preparation with DATAIKU DSS (Data Science Studio)
- Data visualization with TABLEAU
- Specific contributions to regulatory and internal stress testing exercises
- Within the STFS platform, Stress-Testing Data Analytics (STDA) is the STFS data model owner for the S/T platform, and provides STFS with the data necessary for modelling activities and S/T exercises
- STDA develops Datamarts for Stress Testing on the RISK & Finance shared Big Data platform
- In addition to data crushing and data analysis, STDA works jointly with IT Group on the automation of data ingestion, code processing, and data visualization processes. The team is the entry point of IT Group concerning data navigation and statistical exploration (DATAIKU) as well as data visualization (TABLEAU)
- STDA serves other STFS teams with statistical analyses based on historical data
- STDA is in charge of the monitoring of the data quality
- The candidate will be reporting to the head of STFS Lisbon team
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.