At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for managing data analytics that provide overall data management and reporting. Oversees the development of analytical tools and solutions to support the business line.
Essential Job Functions
- Advises in the implementation of business line's data analytics strategy. This may include recommending and developing of related programs for the business line.
- Leads the research, design, development, testing, retrieval, and data reporting; utilizing the knowledge of various software packages.
- Advises on the resolution of complex analytical and data integrity problems while prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Identifies business, technology, and process improvement opportunities. This may include making recommendations to business line leaders.
- Serves as Business Line's "analytic review" function to ensure the uniformity and quality of analytical tools and reports are delivered consistently to business partners.
Other Job Duties
- May participate in various special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master’s Degree – Required
- Ability to query and analyze data via data extraction tools to generate reports and ad-hoc analysis via tools such as SAS, Tableau and/or Python.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn Risk Decision Engine (Synergy Expert System) to implement risk scores and policies.
- Ability to understand risk scorecard or other financial or risk models.
- Good inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Detail oriented with rigor and precision
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.