About the job
The Team leader's goal is to define the strategy, plan and structure the initiatives, while ensuring an adequate management of the team from an organizational perspective.
Your Main Activities Are
- Engaging on a continuous basis with DB4C teams to understand how they use data currently and elicit requirements for their future data usage and reporting needs
- Propose and implement new data sources and analytics to ensure the DB4C digital effort is data driven in a meaningful manner
- Work closely with all clients in order to assist with their data requests, contributing to strategic DB4C initiatives with meaningful insights and data analytics
- Create business-facing dashboards and high impact data visualizations
- Create descriptive and predictive analyses addressing key business priorities
- Support the maintenance of the SQL Database infrastructure
- Contribute to disseminate a culture of data driven solutions within DB4C
- Be a single point of contact for all topics related to Centric data analytics, thus supporting decision making activities at Senior Management – and all – levels of the DB4C hierarchy
- Manage organization related topics: Workload planning and distribution of responsibilities, recruitment and mobility processes, supervise daily work, perform yearly appraisals
- Provide an adequate support and guidance in terms of the team's personal development plan
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Mathematics and Statistics
- More than 3 years of experience in Data Analytics or Information Technology area
- Data Intelligence, Research and Quant Analytics - Business Analytics
- Experience with Alterix, SQL Server an Tableau
- Ability to manage a project
- Ability to develop others & improve their skills
About the Team
Within DB4C, the Centric Business Intelligence team interacts with other DB4C teams, CIB IT teams and the business to provide data management and support, actionable insights, highlight digital client usage trends and enhance the existing suite of data and reporting offering.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.