About the job
- The DB4C Business Intelligence department is looking for an enthusiastic Data Analyst Senior to help build the data blending processes for DB4C’s analyses within the existing Python/SQL infrastructure
Your Main Activities Are
- Engaging on a continuous basis with DB4C teams to understand how they use data currently and elicit requirements for their future data usage and reporting
- Propose and implement new data sources and analytics to ensure the DB4C digital effort is data driven in a meaningful manner
- Work closely with all clients in order to assist with their data requests, contributing to strategic DB4C initiatives with meaningful insights and data analytics
- Create business-facing dashboards and high impact data visualizations
- Create descriptive and predictive analyses addressing key business priorities
- Support the maintenance of the SQL Database infrastructure
- Contribute to disseminate a culture of data driven solutions within DB4C
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Mathematics and Statistics
- More than 3 years of experience in Data Analytics or Information Technology area
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases and ETL methods
- Knowledge of advanced data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Synthesis skills: ability to explain the results of a model and the different elements impacting it
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Project Management skills
- Flexibility: ability to work in a changing environment
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluency in English (mandatory)
- Other European Languages are a plus
About the Team
- Corporate clients have high expectations towards BNP Paribas digital capabilities, looking for improved convenience, quality of service and efficiency. To meet these expectations, CIB has the ambition to bring a true digital experience to our corporate clients throughout our complete product and services offering
- The aim of the CIB Digital Bank for Clients (DB4C) project is to articulate the business ambition of CIB with Corporate clients through digital channels as an integral part of our business strategy and ensure that our digital offering is further developed to support that business ambition. The plan will build on our already solid assets, as illustrated by Centric and its App store (Connexis Cash, Cortex Deposit, Cortex FX, FX+ and many more) and will look to improve our offering, integrate it into customer-designed environments and develop new customer journeys, based on the effective expectations of our users
- Within DB4C, the Centric Business Intelligence team interacts with other DB4C teams, CIB IT teams and the business to provide data management and support, actionable insights, highlight digital client usage trends and enhance the existing suite of data and reporting offering
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.