At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Bank of the West seeks a Cybersecurity Data Analytics Analyst to manage and support the Bank's Cybersecurity Program. The Senior Data Analytics Analyst is responsible for requirement gathering – work with requirement providers and cross site team to gather and analyze requirements, conduct and participate in meetings / workshops to understand requirements. This position will work collaboratively within the organization and across business lines to establish a Program that includes the Cybersecurity strategic roadmap, policy, practices and standards, a security awareness program, incident response and management, enterprise risk assessments and management, security assessments, and the development and maintenance of supporting business technology architecture. A successful candidate will be able to liaise with business unit leaders and management to communicate Program status, initiatives, and risks as it relates to business value and the Bank's organizational goals.
- Analysis – Conduct functional/ Technical/ impact analysis. Write functional / Technical specifications for offshore development team based in Mumbai and Chennai.
- Design and develop data models in Power BI.
- Design and develop dashboards in Splunk
- Expert in concepts of visualization on various tools and propose proper visualization for specific needs.
- Good understating of data models and ability to define the granularity for create the reports.
- Perform Testing of developed dashboards – Support SIT / UAT and Regression testing. Create test cases as needed for testing.
- Work on defect resolution on defects raised by Users and help the data modeling team.
- Ability to suggest and create dashboard reports in a fly.
- Ability to create effective dashboards for higher management, which brings insights out of the reports.
- Able to utilize various visualization and space in dashboards.
- Ability to deploy the dashboard on production and give support to the users.
- Get involved in user trainings if required.
- Create SOP’s, perform knowledge transfer and cross training for proper backup in team.
- Produce and distribute daily/weekly team Status reports and contribute to project status reporting depending on the undertaking at hand
Create Technical documents as required for the project delivery purpose
Create Presentations for senior management
Performs other duties as assigned.
Good knowledge of Data model and other tools like Alteryx is beneficial.
Should have Knowledge of predictive, prescriptive and time series analysis and should be comfortable in developing these models and utilize them.
Working knowledge of MS Office applications and Share point and its features.
Bachelor’s Degree with 5 + years of experience in the below:
Data Visualization and Analysis in any domain - financial institution will be an added advantage.
At least 2 years plus of working on Power BI , rest can be on other visualization tools with Expertise in data analysis / massaging and modeling and proper visualization tools.
A self-starter who can take the process a level ahead and have the ability to think out of the box, suggest changes and challenge status quo.
Ask questions and understand the larger picture for the tasks assigned.
Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills.
Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work extended hours or weekend working.
Ability to work independently and become an effective team member.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Operations