At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Sr. Cybersecurity Risk Analyst is responsible for performing assessments of the Bank’s information security controls through inspections of policies and evidence of security and cyber-resiliency controls to validate operational effectiveness and identify gaps. Responsible for coordinating, developing, and managing controlling workflow activities and deadlines; maintaining, organizing, and gathering information. Collaborates with colleagues, management and business partners to identify risks within the Bank to enhance the security controls and protect the Bank’s sensitive data.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain methodology and facilitate execution of inherent and residual IT application risk assessments and other technology risk assessments.
- Oversee/challenge risk control self-assessments (RCSAs) for risks related to the achievement of Bank of the West’s cybersecurity objectives.
- Maintain the technology- and information-related risk management framework/taxonomy, including identification and reporting of IT risks and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and ensure integration with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework.
- Ensures work effort dependencies, assumptions, risks and issues are defined, documented and communicated to the appropriate lead and/ stakeholder.
- Leads risk assessments to identify risks to security and cyber resiliency controls. Documents overall effectiveness of operational controls within the Bank.
- Track and report Cybersecurity maturity against NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) and FFIEC CAT.
- Directs, counsels, and instructs Jr Analysts assigned to assist on GRC projects and review their work for technical proficiency, reasonableness and adequacy of documentation
- Reviews internal and external security and technical processes (audit, vulnerability and penetration test results, cyber resiliency plans, etc.) to validate the effectiveness of operational controls.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Computer Science, Information Assurance, Management Information Systems or related field
- 7 years in Risk Management, Business Analytics, Information Security, IT Audit, or related field.
- Prior IT audit experience in public accounting or internal audit preferred
- CISA, CISM, CRISC or CISSP certification(s) required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, technical policies, and methodology documentation.
- Sound interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills; ability to facilitate discussions around complex issues and bring them to resolution
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
- Good understanding of industry practices and metric reporting fundamentals.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing security environment, prioritize deliverables and manage workflow.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make effective recommendations to management
- Ability to optimize and condense information and transform data into easily understandable concepts.
- Solid understanding of financial industry, risk management, and/or corporate security.
- Basic technical skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project
- Knowledgeable in various cybersecurity areas such as: Identity and Access Management, Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Information Risk and Governance, Security Architecture, Monitoring, Incident Response, Security Strategy, and Cyber - Resiliency.
- Strong knowledge of security controls for the handling of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data, regulations and security compliance requirements affecting financial institutions (FFIEC/GLBA)
- Strong knowledge of NIST CSF highly desired.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
Salary Range: $95,000 - $105,000 (Salary offered dependent on location). May be eligible for discretionary annual incentive plan
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.