About the job
- BNP Paribas, the leading bank in the European Union and a leading international player, is seeking to complement and reinforce its existing teams in the areas of IT Risk Management, Cybersecurity and the fight against digital fraud
- Within IT Group, Informatics Directorate of BNP Paribas, the Cybersecurity & Digital Fraud Department's mission aims to structure, strengthen and harmonize IT risk management and cybersecurity for the overall BNP Paribas Group (approximately 30 entities) and: defining the vision and strategy for IT risk management and cybersecurity, and ensuring the implementation of this strategy within the Group’s operating entities; monitoring the security of the Group's information systems; and steering the IT Continuity and Resilience strategy and methodological framework
- The evolving Cyberthreats landscape increases the security risk of financial sector that leads BNP Paribas to strengthen its Cybersecurity maturity, IT risk management and Operation Resilience
- Within IT Group Cybersecurity & Digital Fraud department, you will be part of the Cybersecurity & Digital Fraud delivery teams in Portugal. As an extend team of the French central team, your mission is to contribute to the Expertise & innovation team, focus Cyber Innovation activities
Your Main Activities Are
- Supporting the business entities and the Group in addressing their security issues
- Support and contribute to innovative technology projects in the business lines by providing the security rules to be respected
- Collect and understand security needs
- Identify appropriate and innovative solutions
- Assess and verify the security maturity and level of integration of the solution in a BNPP environment
- Coordinate and support stakeholders to test the solution (carrying PoCs out)
- Support the industrialization of the solution within the bank
- Watch innovative technologies and solutions
- Analyze and study emerging and prospective cyber security threat and vulnerabilities in order to anticipate security issues
- Carry out studies, position paper on innovative Cyber themes and relevant market solutions
- Organize events around innovation to encourage encounters/collaboration
- Report to top management on the innovation projects
- Communicate and share different achievements at different hierarchical levels
- Contribute and participate in the Bank’s security communities
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor's Degree (3-5 years) in Information Technology, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience as an IT Tech Leader, IT CyberSecurity Expert or related role with knowledge on Cloud, Data, Infra, Network, Dev and/or Security
- Risk assessment: Raising awareness of ISO 27001/27005/Ebios RM or any other risk management framework
- Any certification in security in overall
- IT Knowledge (Business/IT Relationship; IT Risk and Cyber Security; Risk Anticipation; Risk Knowledge & Awareness; Risk Anticipation)
- Ability to Analyze/Synthetize/Simplify
- Active Listening
- Ability to share/pass on knowledge
- Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
- Ability to inspire others and generate commitment
- Ability to establish and activate networks
- Ability to lead a meeting, seminar and/or committee
- Ability to effectively convey complex information with simple, high impact communication, at all levels of the organisation
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.