At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.
Job Description Summary
Bank of the West is currently seeking a Data Loss Prevention engineer/analyst to help strengthen the Bank’s DLP program. Responsibilities include reviewing data loss prevention alerts and escalating security issues, identifying rule tuning opportunities, assisting with expansion of use cases and policies, collaborating with the business to develop specific rulesets, assisting with strategy and roadmap, tracking key risk indicators, and managing policy exceptions.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews and investigates data loss prevention alerts, and escalates potential issues.
- Assists with the creation and/or review of policy rules and related procedures.
- Assists with support of existing systems and/or business requests.
- Provide reports as assigned on key trends, performance and risk indicators affecting the group’s processes, tools, and responsibilities for management and key stakeholders.
- Provides support on assigned tools and processes.
- Provides support as an information security subject matter expert to department or business units for business applications or system processes.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum 3 years experience in Information Security, Information Technology or related field.
- Previous experience in a related Data Loss Prevention role is highly desirable.
- Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable, financial services experience preferred.
- Knowledge of data classification and data protection principles.
- Understands and can apply data loss prevention techniques and processes.
- Ability to work with little guidance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$85,000.00 - $98,000.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.